Virgin over British

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
heathrow

Virgin over British

Post by heathrow »

Okay, I might flying from Toronto t Heathrow in November. I have not flown Virgin in quite a long time. Now, it will cost somwhere in the $800 round trip to go DL to JFK, and the VS to LHR return, however BA ofers the service direct for somwhere in the $600. Do you think the price difference is worth it? I would like to point out that it will be on VS 46 and VS45, both operated on an A340-600. Thank you,
Rudi

ag894

Post by ag894 »

Unless you really want to do/visit something in JFK/NYC or get some miles on certain airline, I would go for the BA option because:

- For the price I believe you fly economy class. It really does not make much difference in terms of comfort to fly either airline,
- The travel duration will be at least 2 hours shorter and without intermediate stop, and last but not least
- It is $200 cheaper (but maybe you are not paying the ticket and it is not a concern to you).

In this case, assuming you pay the ticket yourself, I would not consider any decission driver the meals or IFE.

Have a good flight ........and it would be nice if you can tell us afterwards how your flight was: the good and bad things.

heathrow

Post by heathrow »

certainly. but the IFE on Virgin's new 346 is brilliant so I've seen, while BA's 744's and 772's are still the same old thing. The price is not much of an issue for me. I have never been to JFK that I can remember, so it would be a nice new expierience. Plus it gets me into Terminal 3 with Virgin (in Heathrow) which is a big plus for me as the tube station at T4 is down. Thank you for your comment

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

If i were you, i prefer virgin.

Virgin has beauties and babes :wink: and ba has bouquets and brickbats.

Take your pick :roll:
Aum Sweet Aum.

heathrow

Post by heathrow »

cheers advisor, that made my smile :D. I really want to try Virgin's new 346. Now, I have to try and persaude my father to let his 13 year old son to connect in JFK alone!

bigjulie

Post by bigjulie »

I cannot see that being a problem heathrow.

ag894

Post by ag894 »

I see :D ....... 13 y.o. so that's why you want to make it as long and as many airports and airplanes as possible; and you don't care about time, price, etc....

In your case I would also choose the same...... :wink:

But your parents may care about it, work out good reasons to convince them... and have fun.

heathrow

Post by heathrow »

Cheers. Thats what I'll try to do. By the way, I forgot to mention that I will be flying inbetween my birthday! I leave on the 9th, and rtn on the 16th.

Starvmg

Post by Starvmg »

hope you had a good trip