MAN-BRU (SN2178) 8th March 2005

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
VC10

Post by VC10 »

As I've been a Luchtzak member for quite a while now, I decided that it was time to submit a flight report. So, muscling in on Comet's territory, I'm doing this one about our flight to my favourite city - Brussels, though Comet took all the photos.

7th March 2005
We left Scarborough on the 09:47 train, and headed over the snow-topped Pennines into that alien territory known as Lancashire :wink: and into Manchester. After a short stop for a meal, we caught a train to the airport, where we had booked into Bewley's Hotel for a night.

8th March 2005
We walked across to the airport at about 09:45 (so that we could get some spotting done - see Comet's report on this in the relevant forum).

We were too early to check in, so we had to hang around for quite a while, eventually checking in at 12 noon. A SNBA sign is sited close to the check-in area.

In due course, we made our way into the departure lounge :D Whilst we waited, a woman came up and asked if we would like a manicure!!! No thanks, my claws are already sharp enough! (Only joking, I didn't really say that :wink: )

Then - hurray :kvole: - our plane, an Avro RJ85 taxied to gate 53, after landing at 15:20.

Just coming round.

A closer picture.

Its tail, showing reg number OO-DJK.

Being prepared for our flight, SN2178.

We were called to board at 15:44, and took our seats - 15A and 15C. (Comet, as usual, bagged the window seat :evil: )

View through the window of back of engines.

View through window of British Airways Avro RJ.

There were two female flight attendants who were efficient and professional (but I have to confess that I do have a preference for male crew :wink: :wink: )

The captain announced his name - Chris Hendrickx, and one of the flight attendants was Christina. Sorry but I didn't catch any other names. He said that the flight would take approximately 1 hour and 5 minutes.

"Connect" paper was handed out before push back.

The push back was at 16:04. A safety demonstration was carried out as we taxied to runway 06L. With a load factor of approximately 95%, we took off for Brussels at 16:20, straight after a Jet2 aircraft :)

Weather during take off was partly cloudy, and there was slight turbulence as we climbed through the clouds.

This was taken just after take off.

The cloud cover persisted for most of the flight, but did produce some interesting effects.

Shadow of the plane cast on clouds. There is even a halo!!

Another view of the plane's shadow.

View of the cloud cover.

The snacks were then brought round - these consisted of vegetables (raw carrot and a white veg, mild radish perhaps?) with a dip, pretzels and Prise d'Eau. It was OK. We had orange juice to drink.

Later, the attendant brought the chocolates :D

The flight was generally smooth, and the final photo shows a view on approach to Brussels.

We landed at 18:16 - just under an hour's flight, which was very enjoyable :thumbsup: thank you SNBA. By the time I do this report, my next flight with you will be in September - can't wait :mrgreen:!
The Voice of Freedom will never be silenced.

Trisha

B744skipper

Post by B744skipper »

Thanks for sharing this nice photo-report with us :thumbsup:

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Thanks for nice report, Trisha.
that alien territory known as Lancashire
I thought that the war of the two roses between the white rose of Yorkshire and the red rose of Lancashire was long finished?
I took the very same flight one day later. But it was an Avro RJ100. I had seat 7F, the worst seat on an Avro 100: that 'window' seat just does not have a window (same thing for 7A) :evil:

Load factor was 100% in Y and 3 seats in the 2 first rows for C class. Not bad, but not many high revenue pax.... Smooth flight, same menu (but I had a beer: 25 cl can of Stella Artois brewed in Leuven :lol: ). Everything on time, not much more to say.

Thanks for simplifying my own reporting 8)
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

see Comet's report on this in the relevant forum.
My spotting report will have to go under two headings, as there are about 83 photos altogether from the two days' spotting. I am uploading the first lot just now.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

speedbird1

Post by speedbird1 »

Thanks for nice report, Trisha.
that alien territory known as Lancashire

I thought that the war of the two roses between the white rose of Yorkshire and the red rose of Lancashire was long finished?
If you were from England you would understand. Think of it like the relationship between sections of Belgium.

Emirates
Last edited by speedbird1 on 11 Mar 2005, 18:08, edited 1 time in total.

Avro

Post by Avro »

Very nice report, thanks for sharing. But how were the loads in C ? I suppose they were weak like on André's flight.
sn26567 wrote:Thanks for simplifying my own reporting 8)
:mrgreen: nice one

Chris

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

Nice report, maybe even better than comet's...

Humberside

Post by Humberside »

Great report

VC10

Post by VC10 »

Thanks everybody for your encouraging comments..
Not so Andre!!

It continues to this very day, but it now goes under the name of Cricket!! :lol: :lol: (A sport which I understand is also played in Belgium?) :wink:
But how were the loads in C ? I suppose they were weak like on André's flight.
Chris, I can only be very approximate with this, but from where we were sitting (very near the back row), the flight seemed to have very few empty seats, and Business Class was difficult to assess, but I would guess that the load factor on there percentage-wise would definitely be well into the upper nineties, if not one hundred. (I'll be sure to try and get a more accurate figure on our next flight in September.) :lol: :) :) :)
The Voice of Freedom will never be silenced.

Trisha