Flying on SN with an infant (baby): some questions...

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
EB-Air

Flying on SN with an infant (baby): some questions...

Post by EB-Air »

Hello,

holidays are coming, and on 28 may till 05 june 2005, it's our turn 8)

Leaving BRU (28 may 2005) on SN3617 to NCE and returning on SN3620 (5 june), and I do have some questions:

1/ I'm travelling together with my wife and baby (16 months): how is the treatment in the airport (Brussels and Nice)?
I've understood that we can use the pushchair just to the gate. Will we receive it back at the gate in Nice, or not? And does it also work that way for the return trip (I don't like to carry my son the whole way from terminal A to the exit :wink: The brand of our wheelchair is Quinny Freestyle (in the case that someone is familiar with that), it can be folded together, but it is -even folded- a not so small package...
Can anyone point this out to me? Just don't want to arrive at the airport to hear that we have to pay extras or so...

2/ cheapest (legal of course) way to park your car at BRU, where is that?

3/ Any chance that there will be a Luchtzakker on one of these flights?

Regards,
Ben

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

Hi Ben,

I have no experience with that but I did some research.
This is what I found on the flysn website:

Free carry-on articles:

The following items may be carried free of charge by:

All passengers except infants

* 1 overcoat, wrap or blanket
* 1 umbrella or walking stick
* 1 ladies handbag
* A reasonable amount of reading material
* 1 small camera or binoculars

Infants

* 1 infant’s carrying basket or fully collapsible stroller/pushchair (in hold) or car seat (in hold, if applicable)
* Infant’s food for consumption on board
2.For parking you car:
Lang parkeren - N.V. INTERPARKING S.A.

84,00 € voor (minimum) 7 dagen in de Security Long Term Parking, inclusief verzekering en veiligheidscontrole. Extra dagen worden aangerekend aan 12,00 €.
50,40 € voor 12 uur in het Express Park
14,00 € per dag in het Vip Park + 1 x 14,00 € voor verzekering en veiligheidscontrole (car wash service beschikbaar)
13,40 € per dag in het Lock Park + 1 x een eenmalig forfait van 13,00 € voor verzekering en veiligheidscontrole, te betalen per 15 dagen.
14,00 € per dag in Front Park 1
13,40 € per dag in Front Park 2

I live also in Ghent and I take the train that's the cheapest solution ofcourse with an infant and lugage is that maybe not so easy for you.

3. You won't see my on that flight.
My holiday is at end end of March

I hope that you can do something with my info.

Airbuske :wink:

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

EB-Air,

you can use your pram in the entire terminal. Just before you enter the aircraft you hand it over to the flight attendant or the redcap. The pram will be stowed in the hold. When arriving in Nice your pram will be waiting for you when you exit the aircraft. Same procedure for your return-flight ;-)

heathrow

Post by heathrow »

I've had family travel with my infant brother. It wasn't with SN, but It will atleast give you an idea of what your gong to get. You will recieve pre-boarding if you ask. They will keep your stroller in the galley, and give it back to you once you exit the aircraft. If you can pre-book your seats, try and do it. It's usualy worth the extra money. When my family flew Z4, they pre-booked their seats, and then when they checked it, the check-in agent gave them an extra seat if they would move to the middle row! It's altleast worth trying. Good luck,have a nice flight!