Vueling rocks!

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
waldova

Vueling rocks!

Post by waldova »

This is what happened. This monday my flight from Valencia got delayed for three hours. There seemed to be a problem with one of the Vueling planes, a technical problem.

Finally vueling chartered an other plane from Futura that was flown over from BCN to VLC to bring us back to BRU.
I was already surprised that Vueling did this to resolve the problem. Ofcourse I would have prefered to be on a nice A320 then an old 737. Well, anyway we got to Brussels. I was thinking that if I was flying Ryanair I could have forgotten to arrive in Brussels that day.

Anayway today it just became better. I received an email from Vueling:

Bono descuento por retraso

Estimado/a Waldo Van Audenhove

Me dirijo a ti con motivo de los inconvenientes y molestias sufridos en tu vuelo:
VLG6020 de Valencia a Bruselas.

Como sabes, el dia 1 de Marzo fue un día especialmente crítico por la meteorología adversa para las compañías con base en Barcelona y que, por tanto, afectaron especialmente a nuestros vuelos.

Desgraciadamente, y en los últimos vuelos del día, cuando se recuperaba la normalidad, uno de nuestros aviones tuvo una avería en el aeropuerto de Palma la cual después de analizada en profundidad, tenía un alcance mayor del inicialmente previsto. En ese momento, tomamos la decisión de utilizar otro de nuestros aviones desde Barcelona y operar los vuelos afectados, dando lugar al gran retraso sufrido.

Quiero transmitirte mi más sinceras disculpas en nombre de la compañía, y en el mío propio, por todos los inconvenientes causados y derivados de este gran retraso, el primero de esta magnitud en los ocho meses de vida de nuestra compañía. Todas nuestras decisiones sólo se basan en intentar minimizar los inconvenientes. Por ello, y con nuestras disculpas te adjuntamos un bono de 60,00 €uros valido para tu próximo vuelo con Vueling.

Atentamente,

Lázaro Ros
Director General

So this means I get 60 € when I book my next flight with Vueling. Even I got to my destination on monday with only 3 hours of delay. My ticket only costed me 47€ taxes included. So this is just so nice!
I have never seen an airline pay money for a delay of only 3 hours. For me Vueling just rocks!

Go Vueling!

Manuel

Post by Manuel »

Curious ... a friend of mine was on the same flight as you, Waldova :).

He did have to ask someone to translate the email, because it was in Spanish only.

Anyway, he also thought it was a VERY nice gesture, especially because the extra wait time wasn't 'frustrating' at all.

I guess I'll have to try out Vueling myself soon ...

Grtz,
Manuel

ag894

Post by ag894 »

This is great!

My last experience with delays was: flight ROM-FRA delayed ~1 hr. I loss the connection flight to AMS, which was the last one in the evening. Lufthansa did not give a sh*t! Did not pay anyhing, no hotel, no taxi, no dinner, no compensation, no nothing....... Their justificaiton: it was not their problem but a delay caused by ATC. 8O .....which of course I couldn't care less about the problem and the guilty, I just wanted to get home!!!

All this even being silver frequent traveller of LH. Otherwise it had bee worse.... I could not imagine.... :(

Definitively on time shcedules with good prices, and good customer services is a wining combination. Looking forward they connect AMS to BCN!!!!

rotor

Post by rotor »

I'm very happy with vueling as well. Very nice people.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Did they offer you a meal, a snack, a drink while you were waiting?
André
ex Sabena #26567

waldova

Post by waldova »

No that they didn't do. They didn't offer anything in Valencia.