British Airways long-haul

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
heathrow

British Airways long-haul

Post by heathrow »

I will be traveling in a couple of months with British Airways on Both their 747-400 (BA0092), and Boeing 777-200 (BA0097). Which one of these do people prefer? I want to know which flight to look forward to the most. Thanks a bunch,
:banana: Heath :banana:

Knight255

Post by Knight255 »

I've been on their 747's. I don't know if they modified them, but they did NOT have private tv's. (They may have upgraded since then.) However, I can almost garuntee you that the 777 with be installed with state-of-the-art entertainment. :D Should make for a nice flight either way though. Where you flying to???
"What's this button do?? I don't know, push it and find out................."

heathrow

Post by heathrow »

Toronto - Heathrow Gatwick - Thesoloniki Thesoloniki - Gatwick Heathrow - Toronto. All on BA! My luck! I've flown their 747-400's, and they do have PTV's. 772 is newer though, right?

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

ALL BA B772's and B744's are equiped with PVT's...

Have a nice flight! May we expect a trip report?

heathrow

Post by heathrow »

Yes, you may. It's not for a long while though

chunk

Post by chunk »

THey all have PTV's and the service in the air will be ok. Don't expect much help from their groundstaff if anything goes wrong though - they were all a coimplete waste of space last time i flew them. SO much so - that was the last time I flew them....even if they had the cheapest ticket I don;t go them anymore. Pity 'cos in the air they are ok but Heathrow is a disaster of a place and groundstaff were so rude and onboxious last time I swore never again and have stuck to that.....besides their FF programme is the worst! Most people in the company I work for have done the same. We have little enough choice flyign from ABZ - BA make it easy to eliminate them from the decision making process early on.

cathayoneworld

Post by cathayoneworld »

World Traveller's (Economy Class) PTVs hasn't got AVOD and games on both 747 and 777
First, Club World, World Traveller Plus' PTVs has AVOD and games on both 747 and 777.

heathrow

Post by heathrow »

great! Does anyone know how much an upgrade costs at check-in?