Wich is the best seat to sit on a B747?

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
BA0404

Wich is the best seat to sit on a B747?

Post by BA0404 »

Hey everybody, :wave:

Next week I am going to fly for the first time with a B747. :jump: Now I wonder wich is the best place to sit on. May be your experiences can help me with this issue.

Bey,
BA0404 :mexwave:

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

There is not something like a 'best seat', as most airlines offer a different configuration.

On which airline are you travelling, to which destination (airlines sometimes offer different configurations to certain destinations), and in which class (economy-business-first)?

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

BA0404

Post by BA0404 »

I am flying with Iberia from TFN to MAD. I just wonder where you have nice views from your seat or where you can here some special sounds during take off etc. Is it at the back or in the middle or at the front? What do you recomend me?

BA0404

Apuneger

Post by Apuneger »

Personally I would make sure you don't get a seat at the middle of the wing. Your whole view is almost obstructed by the immense wing surface.

Better try to get a seat just before the wing, or just behind it.

Ivan
It's not good when it's done, it's done when it's good...
---
Facebook | Twitter | Flickr

Avro

Post by Avro »

I would recommend the front as well. But I've heard that when sitting at the back you actually get a nice feeling on T/O -> you first sink towards the runway and then lift off :)

Anyway I wish you a nice flight on the B747, it's a very nice plane to fly on.

Chris

Ozzie1969
Location: Brugge, Flanders + Annan, Scotland + Ormoc,Philippines

Post by Ozzie1969 »

That little top deck is best! I sat there once, on a flight between Melbourne and Singapore.

Knight255

Post by Knight255 »

The best seat: top of the plane in the very front on the left side!!!! :lol: (Of course you'd have to fly the plane, but who wouldn't want to do that?!?!?!?!)
"What's this button do?? I don't know, push it and find out................."

SN30952

The way you put your Q

Post by SN30952 »

The way you put your Q, Wich is the best seat to sit on a B747? I can only but agree with Knight255.
Considering the salary that comes with it, I say the captain's seat is the best seat on a 747.
In case you change your Q to:
Which is the best seat to sit on a B777?
Which is the best seat to sit on a A380?
Which is the best seat to sit on a A340?
Which is the best seat to sit on a A330?

Our answer remains the same, BA0404.

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

:wink: Fons has always been the wise one amongst us.

Indeed the captain's seat is the best seat of all

:rock:
Aum Sweet Aum.

Knight255

Post by Knight255 »

Heck I'm not in it for the money. I just want to fly planes for a living, although the travel perks do intrigue me. :D

heathrow

Post by heathrow »

What class are you traveling in? If it's economy, I suggest about 12-14 rows behind the wing atleast. It gives you a nice view of whats around you. You also get cool pictures of winglets (if IB has them. I've never flown them before[except on codeshare]).

bigjulie

Post by bigjulie »

Knight255 wrote:The best seat: top of the plane in the very front on the left side!!!! :lol: (Of course you'd have to fly the plane, but who wouldn't want to do that?!?!?!?!)

I was going to suggest the same thing, although front right would be just as good. :lol: But not as much pay, which brings me to ask "You know what the bulge in the 747's are for don't you"?; so the pilots can sit on their wallets, without hitting their heads on the overhead controls & switches; Haha, heehee :!: :cool2: :cool2: :tongue:

It all depends what you want to experience, with me I like to sit a wee bit behind the trailing edge of the wing, :lookaround: that way you get to see the flaps, the aelerons, the flight spoilers on top of the wing :lookaround: ; just after landing when the pilot "dirties" the plane up, to slow it down, is real good, there is not much more sense of deceleration than when you are watching all of the stuff on the wing come into play. :lol: That position is good for take/off as well, you get a sense of the speed increasing when you :lookaround: see :lookaround: the airport buildings sliding past the wing.

If you are on a long flight 10 to 14 hours you will notice on landing the wing will be at a different angle , that is due to there being less fuel/weight in the fuel tanks, but, alas you are on a short hop, 2-> 3 hours. :cry:

PS. My apologies to any 747 pilots reading this, you can earn your years pay in a very few short seconds, when something goes wrong!
:cheers: :cheers:

earthman

Post by earthman »

What about the front of the 747, the tapered part? Can you get a better view of what's going on in front of the plane from there? Because those windows are not purely side-facing but also a bit front facing.

Knight255

Post by Knight255 »

You know what the bulge in the 747's are for don't you"?; so the pilots can sit on their wallets, without hitting their heads on the overhead controls & switches
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's a good one!!! I must say that I have never heard it before!!!

bigjulie

Post by bigjulie »

Knight255 wrote:
bigjulie wrote:You know what the bulge in the 747's are for don't you"?; so the pilots can sit on their wallets, without hitting their heads on the overhead controls & switches
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's a good one!!! I must say that I have never heard it before!!!
That one has been around as many years as the 747 has :lol: :lol: :lol: :!: