Thomas Cook - OO-TCK (The Flying Pig!)

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
concordino

Thomas Cook - OO-TCK (The Flying Pig!)

Post by concordino »

I have just received a phone call from fellow Luchtzakker EPS Aviation who is currently sitting in OO-TCK waiting to depart to Hurghada on the 06.10 flight. Original delay was 4 hours with boarding around 10.15 Taxied out then returned to terminal as there is a technical problem.

Tony is well impressed with this, as you can imagine, particularly as he is on his honeymoon, having been married yesterday.

Other impressions of OO-TCK are equally unfavourable as his seat (13B) is wrecked and he is sitting on what feels like a metal bar. After only 6 days in service the tail logo is starting to peel off. (Is this the way of the future "new" aircraft which are ill prepared for revenue service - see also OO-TUC?)

It would also have been nice if he could have sat next to his bride on the flight but not possible, even though TC were informed that this was a honeymoon.

The call I received was to get information on the new regs (which came into force today). I guess we will have to await Tony's return to see what eventually transpires

Concordino

concordino

Post by concordino »

Update

Now a plane change!!!

Tony is now asking if anyone has any ideas on emotional compensation for a ruined honeymoon.

Anyone from TC may reply via this forum.

sn26567

Re: Thomas Cook - OO-TCK (The Flying Pig!)

Post by sn26567 »

concordino wrote:The call I received was to get information on the new regs (which came into force today).
Indeed; you can read them right here: https://www.aviation24.be/article7735.html

In the name of the whole Luchtzak team, I wish Tony a better continuation of his honeymoon trip. And by the same token I want to congratulate him.
:mexwave:
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Here are the rights for long delays:
Long delays

Immediate assistance

If you check in on time for any flight, including charters:
• from an EU airport, or
• to an EU airport from one outside the EU, when operated by an EU airline,
and if the airline operating the flight expects a delay:
• of 2 hours or more, for flights less than 1 500 km,
• of 3 hours or more, for longer flights within the EU, and for other flights between 1 500 and 3 500 km,
• of 4 hours or more for flights over 3 500 km outside the EU,
the airline must give you meals and refreshments, hotel accommodation when necessary (including transfers) and communication facilities.

When the delay is 5 hours or more, the airline must also offer to refund your ticket (with a free flight back to your initial point of departure, when relevant).

If you do not receive these rights, complain immediately to the airline operating the flight.

Later claims

When an EU airline is responsible for the delay of a flight anywhere in the world, you may claim up to 4 150 SDR (*) for any resulting damages. If the airline does not agree with your claim, you may go to court.

You can claim from the airline with which you have a contract or from that actually operating the flight, if they are different.

(*) 1 SDR = eur1.18 as at 30.9.2004.
André
ex Sabena #26567

concordino

Post by concordino »

ETD now 19.30!!!!!

concordino

Post by concordino »

Anyone know what the actual departure time was and which aircraft made the flight?

Concordino

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

:offtopic: But i think that you should know this

https://www.aviation24.be/article7748.html
Aum Sweet Aum.

Orvilletheduck

Thomas Cook SHAME ON YOU

Post by Orvilletheduck »

Hi All,

Nice to meet EPS_Aviation in the Lounge at BRU, so I'll continue on his behalf, we left at 1915lt on OO-TCH arriving at our hotel at 0300lt in Hurghada !!! Then for poor EPS_Aviation it seems TC had an ACE up their sleeve, they put the honeymooning couple in a twin room with two SINGLE BEDS with not even enough space for 2 people (believe me when I say we heard them try :wink: ) In the morning they told us they had apparently called the desk and were told there was no more room at the inn, maybe tomorrow (My humour pointing out it was already tomorrow).

To continue the story from BRU, after getting off the plane we were given 13.50euros in vouchers each to get a hot meal and a story of trying to find an alternative aeroplane from someone else, worst case scenario was a 1930lt departure once the TC A320 fleet arrived back from their morning flights to Egypt. Off we went, never to see a TC rep again. At this time I should point out the EC Regulation EC261/2004 came into force at 0001lt on 17Feb and furnished with our new found rights (thanks Corcordino !) I knew what I was entitled to, vouchers, check, 2 phone calls, access to fax machines etc, hey wait a minute where are my phone calls WHERE IS THE REP = NO WHERE TO BE SEEN. We were told we would be kept up to date via announcements as the original flight was no longer displayed on the boards.

BRU is great for a long delay (NOT) but being the proud owner of a Diners Club Card access to their lounge is guarenteed and thats were we spent our day and EPS_Aviation and his new bride spent their first day of married life (thanks Diners for all your help). Still no more info, so by 1600lt it was time to find out what was going on, with the help of a friend's, friend at Thomas Cook EPS_Aviation found out departure was scheduled for 1850lt on OO-TCH, (at least the end is in sight) but that we had a new flight number FQ4682, so armed with this knowledge we found our flight displayed on the departure boards, we had to tell fellow passengers of the change of number, Thomas Cook it seemed could'nt be bothered.

According to EC261/2004 if a flight is cancelled we had further rights. So checking with a friend in the Commission, I was told that as the flight had been given a new flight number our original flight was cancelled - According to EC261, I along with 176 (EPS_Aviation etc) other passengers were now entitled to EUR600 (see above posts) as the flight distance is greater than 3500km (confirmed by the Captain as 3820km :D )

By now we had returned to the new gate, right at the end of B-Pier, maybe to keep unhappy passengers away from everyone else :wink: anyway at the gate we met some other passengers who had spent their time compiling a letter to TC and were asking for signatures from other passengers. They also knew their rights it seemed.

So myself and a fellow passenger (we'll call him the letter writer here) and EPS_Aviation approached the TC rep, who was standing very defensively, arms crossed in front of him, no eye contact and explained our prediciment about not being informed and now a new flight number. We also explained that since 0001lt on 17Feb any delayed flight, the passengers should have been given a copy of a Commission document about Passenger Rights (thanks for my copy Corcordino) and that according to this we are know on a cancelled flight and have been rebooked on a new flight to which he replied we were on the same flight different number and the original flight number was non operational. Well according to EC261/2004 definitions of Cancellation mean also 'non-operational' at which time the rep decided enough was enough, gave us a short reply and left. Guessing his motive, I then called a friend in Belgocontrol to confirm that TC had flightplanned our flight as FQ4682 (confirmed) In the meantime 'the letter writer' had called a friend and obtained a copy of the FQ4682 flightplan on paper, well by fax to his Nokia 9002 phone.

Suspecting our motives, within 20mins TCW had cancelled the 4682 flight plan and refiled it as TCW4672 (so no more cancellation it seems - or does this mean that our second flight was no cancelled ?)

We tried having a discussion about what we think we were entitled to but it seems what TC lack most (above spare aeroplanes and quality leased planes) is customer service. So if TC read this:

we have a letter signed by 115 of the 177 passengers
we have copies of the FQ4672 flight plan cancelled from the morning
we have a copy of the new plan FQ4682 and it's subsequent cancellation
we have a copy of the new plan FQ4672

and each of the 115 passengers now have a copy of EC261/2004 and the Passenger rights booklet,
and also note that 'When an EU airline is responsible for the delay of a flight anywhere in the world, you may claim up to 4 150 SDR (*) for any resulting damages. If the airline does not agree with your claim, you may go to court.

EVERYONE BE WARNED THIS IS HOW THEY TREAT YOU, THIS IS WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT. I know for every bad story there are 9 good ones, but maybe next time you are in the 1 out of 10 bad ones BE WARNED,

Oh by the way, TC you will be reported to the Commission on our return, no threat intended, just plain fact. Also I for one will never travel with you again, I'd rather drive to DUS and fly with someone else,

also PLEASE use some customer service and think ahead, if next Thursday you have a technical aeroplane, please don't inconvenience the FQ4673 passengers more

Oh and one final update, we saw EPS at dinner tonight, seems he is now enjoying married life, but will still be writing a complaint letter to TC about wrecking what should have been one of the most special days of holiday for him. He also pointed out that his seat was 13D not 13B (just in case TC want to fix something)

Orville the Duck (I didn't - You did)

website-info

Post by website-info »

Hi Guys and Girls,

Just sitting here with 'Orville' and I'm glad he wrote all this, It took ages on the systems here. My only hope is that someone from TCW reads this and maybe takes some action before it get messy.

Also just wanted to thank the final crew who operated the FQ4672 (or was it FQ4682 :wink: ) for their professionalism and care taken. I did ask the rep at thegate to make an annoucement saying that youwere doing extra duty etc but he was not prepared to do this, so in the end I went around reminding people that the 13hr delay was not your fault.

By the way TCW, you can expect a letter and a claim, YOU HAVE RUINED the start of my honeymoon. At least the reps here know what Customer Service is even if the Airline staff at TCW don't

Rgds
Tony

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

I didn't know you were going to marry Tony... 8O

MY BEST WISHES TO YOU AND YOUR WIFE!!!

I really hope for you and your wife that you will enjoy the rest of your holiday... what you experienced doesn't happen too often, but unfortunately, when it happens, it sucks.

Once again my best wishes, and have fun in Egypt!

Regards
Frederic

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Thanks, Orville and Tony, for your detailed explanations. Enlightening experience indeed. Please let us know about your return flight and your compalint to the European Commission.

Tony, enjoy the rest of your honeymoon trip. Cheers!
André
ex Sabena #26567

Andries

Post by Andries »

8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

This should not have happened ! :evil:
You pay loads of money for a nice holiday or honeymoon and then they do this to you ! I would sue them untill you've got everything you are entitled to !

This is a real discrace ! Shame on you TC !

Greetz,

:evil: Andries :evil:

Oh and by the way : Congratulations Tony !
Don't dream your life, live your dream !!!

meerkat

Post by meerkat »

Welcome to Luchtzak, Orville the duck!

I've found you an avatar if you need it
http://www.thebubbleburst.co.uk/pics_pe ... _after.jpg

And if you need a tag line try this quote " I wish I could fly, right up to the sky, but I can't...." A famous quote from the grounded duck!!!

Meerkat
(small furry African animal)

Avro

Post by Avro »

I'm really sorry your trip started that bad Tony :(

Anyway all my best wishes to you and to your wife for the wedding.

Chris
:cheers:

website-info

Post by website-info »

Myself and Orville and the girls are sitting in the evening sun, reading this, but Meerkat, we reckon that the signature for Orville should be.

And if you need a tag line try this quote " I wish I could fly, right up to the sky, but I can't.... thanks to Thomas Cook" A famous quote from the grounded duck!!!

Heading off for another Stellar (teh Egyptian version of beer!)

Rgds
Tony

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

EPS_Aviation wrote:Heading off for another Stellar (the Egyptian version of beer!)
Stellar Artoisr? Brewed by InBevr? Enjoyr itr! :)
André
ex Sabena #26567

website-info

Post by website-info »

nope the beer has nothing to do with the Belgian brand or Inbrew ! apparently many years ago it tasted like camels ....... but now..........

Rgds
Tony