Hi, I am a Product Design student designing a new Economy Class (Y) seat for commercial aircraft. Hoping to gather more information from cabin crews like you.
Some of the areas in need of contributions are:
1. How purposeful/practical are Y seats nowadays?
2. Are the current seat design friendly to passengers, cabin crews and maintenance personnels? If no, why not?
3. Most Y seats (esp. in long-haul) are hazardous to our health. Any real life experiences to share?
4. As an experienced cabin crew, how can the new seat design makes your work easier?
5. What are the common complaints and what has been done by the airlines to rectify the problems?
... on and on it goes
So do drop a line and share your valuable experiences.
I look forward to your reply and thank you in advance!!!