Which airline would you recommend from BRU to NYC?

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
ttubbie

Which airline would you recommend from BRU to NYC?

Post by ttubbie »

I am flying to New York later this year and I would like to know whether I should book American or Continental ? I see the fares are approximately the same. Which airline has the most comfortable planes and the best service and inflight entertainment ? Does anyone have comment on this ?

[title changed by admin sn26567. Please be accurate in your titles]

Knight255

Post by Knight255 »

Can't speak for Continental, but if you're on American on a 777, they just got new headrests in coach so that you don't need a pillow (can adjust them). You get your own personal TV, and leg room is excellent. The only thing that I can say about Continental is that they have a 3-3-3 seating as opposed to the 2-5-2 on American. So it would be easier to get an aisle or window seat on Continental. Take your pick!!!!
"What's this button do?? I don't know, push it and find out................."

Andries

Post by Andries »

Have you checked the fares with SNBA ? They could be cheaper. And you would be supporting the national carrier ! Eventually you would end up on an AA plane ...

Greetz,

:twisted: Andries :twisted:
Don't dream your life, live your dream !!!

TWA

Post by TWA »

Difficult choice when leaving from BRU and with equal fares, anyway I would go for CO's B764 iso AA's B763:

American:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/411638/M/

Continental:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/663297/M/
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/377225/M/

The latter one has individual IFE-screens in Y-class, whoever I think American's seatpitch is wider! Basically you will have to choose between your eyes or your knees. Good luck!!!

TWA

PS: CO's FA's are friendlier and definitely YOUNGER than those you'll meet on AA flights.

L-1011

Post by L-1011 »

TWA wrote: Basically you will have to choose between your eyes or your knees
Even for the 'less tall' guys amongst us:?:
TWA wrote: PS: CO's FA's are friendlier and definitely YOUNGER than those you'll meet on AA flights.
This might actually be the more persuasive argument :wink:

ciao,
TriStar :oops:

V-Bird

re

Post by V-Bird »

i would fly virgin atlantic, but when like you asked in the topic, i would fly continental

A318

Post by A318 »

I would fly CO if I only had the choice between those.
If I can also look at price definitly DL.

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

Knight255

Post by Knight255 »

If it's between a 763 or a 764, go with Continental's 764. I assumed you were flying out of a larger hub, whoops!!! :oops:

Jense

Post by Jense »

I heard good things about Continental's EWR-BRU-EWR route, good service, good food and comfortable economy class in the B764...

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

Continental. Without doubt. With eyes you can do a lot. :wink:
Aum Sweet Aum.

maximenaeyaert

Post by maximenaeyaert »

Andries wrote:Have you checked the fares with SNBA ? They could be cheaper. And you would be supporting the national carrier ! Eventually you would end up on an AA plane ...

Greetz,

:twisted: Andries :twisted:
idd, the fares are cheaper! i'm flying to NY in september and i think al will go for SNBA because they are the cheapest and it's operated by American. You should check it out.

Manuel

Post by Manuel »

I've flown BRU-JFK-BRU (a few days after the start-up)with American Airlines in May, and BRU-EWR-BRU in August. I found both flights to be comfortable (I'm not a tall guy), but liked the CO flight more because of the PTV's (I can't sleep on a plane!).

I didn't notice any real difference between the service on the CO or AA flight ... Both were satisfactory.

BTW, does someone know if AA is planning to also install PTV's on the plane. I'm asking this because there was a remote control in the armrests for controlling the PTV's ...

Manuel

ttubbie

Post by ttubbie »

I just booked Continental BRU-EWR, the fares were the cheapest and having flown with a lot of Asian carriers, I was persuaded by the PTVs which Continental has ...

JetB

Post by JetB »

CO is a good choice, personal I like the service and it is also the first airline to lieve Brussels.
The result is that you arrive early in NY, and that is also great if you have a connecting flight.

Brussels - Newark is also a very busy route, so don't expect much empty seats !.

ATC

Post by ATC »

absolutely CO,
I've flown 3 times the BRU-EWR route.

I'm very statisfied by the service and inflight entertainment.

EWR (Newark) has also a much better transfer/quicker to NYC than JFK.
Is a cleaner and less busier airport than JFK.

I choose CO.

greetings,
ATC

speedbird1

Post by speedbird1 »

A friend of mine flew last week to JFK return with Delta. She was pretty disapointed by them. Her seat was broken, it would not recline fully. Which is always useful on the "red eye" return leg...! Also no PTV's which is not good in this day and age on long haul flights I feel!
So all in all, Delta isn't the carrier I would choose to fly to NYC with from BRU.

Emirates

Knight255

Post by Knight255 »

I wouldn't say that. Delta isn't bad, you just need a newer airplane. If they flew their 764's then you'd have a PTV. The seat thing does suck though.

speedbird1

Post by speedbird1 »

@ Knight225

Indeed very true! If she had flown on the 400 it would have been cool!
I would think they're better than United... I have never flown with a worst airline.
Ok, I'll stop complaining! Have a cool afternoon people!

Emirates

ttubbie

Post by ttubbie »

Sorry but all those replies saying Delta is a good airline IF they had the 764 on the BRU-JFK route, that is total bullshit. The fact is they do NOT have it, and the above passenger was complaining about a worn 763 !

Knight255

Post by Knight255 »

I can't really speak that well for Delta, I've only flown on them a handful of times on 737's, but I can imagine that a newer airplane would be more comfortable than an older one. Am I wrong??? Does Delta just have horrible service?? If they do, please explain why they are one of the largest airlines in the world and passengers keep giving them service. :wink: