Temperature on board Iberia airplanes

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
ag894

Temperature on board Iberia airplanes

Post by ag894 »

In my last 6 flights with Iberia the temperature inside the airplane was extremely hot. Everyone was feeling it and despite the requests to lower the air conditioning temperature no action was taken (same situation happening in other Iberia flights was commented by travelers sitting next to me).

I expect this disconfort is not justified by savings or by the will to sell more drinks on board.

Maybe it is just a lack of care for details, but it was not like this in the past. I believe this should also be annoying to the crew.

Does anyone has a similar experience or an explanation for it?

I fly regularly (1 or 2 return flights per week) with different companies (Lufthansa, KLM mostly and others) and never had this situation (indeed one can protect from cold by adding clothes but with the heat there is not soo easy....)

Since I realise that the topic can be subjective (although as I described above I believe it was objectively warm/hot) I propose Iberia to provide users with a questionnaire, and react consequently.

Thanks......

SN30952

Re: Temperature on board Iberia airplanes

Post by SN30952 »

ag894 wrote:Since I realise that the topic can be subjective (although as I described above I believe it was objectively warm/hot)......

As you state yourself: T can be subjective.
Can you give an estimation of the temperature?
For me 32 is hot, and 18 cold, and the T. on an home-airco you buy is standard set by the manufacturer @ 25C.

The subjective feeling can also be: not enough ventilated, meaning not enough fresh air. (Fresh air can be @ 25C)
As you will know your car-airco works in two modes:
mode one: air from outside is taken and cooled.
mode two: air from inside the car is recycled and cooled.

Mode two is also in aircraft the cheapest method, because as you know fresh air in aircraft-aircos needs to be HEATED, as outside T can vary to -55C.

Usually airco in aircraft works as follows: make a section of the fuselage, split the main deck from the rest. In this section draw two circles: one right, one left. In the right one, the air circulates clockwise, in the left one anti-clockwise. That explains why it is cooler at headheight in the aisles.
Now it is easy to explain: the cabin crews of Iberia probably do not like to work in a cold climate in the aisles, so they might set the airco to levels that suits them?

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

Well I supposse The spanish people just adjust the airco to their local temperature they're used to??

speedbird1

Post by speedbird1 »

Poor Iberia....

When will people give this poor airline a break! Passengers would only complain that they were too cold if the temp was turned down.
Maybe you should put your feelings in writing to someone at the top, if this has happened to you six times. Otherwise people will just keep bad pressing them.

Emirates

ag894

Post by ag894 »

Hi all,

I decided to post the message about temperature because after having the same situation for several times I thought that this maybe something general throughout all Iberia flights. I can also accept that I was unlucky and is not a generalised problem but I have been "tricked by the ocurrence of statistical events".

Flying regularly I have a perception of what are the typical temperatures on board airplanes. Basically they are the standard temperatures in working environments: in the range 20-22 deg, while at home they maybe at bit higher since the degree of people's activity is lower.

Another reason is that people sitting around me were also complaining about the temperature being too hot. An additional point was the large amount of people manipulating the air openings above them during the whole flight.

It was based on this that I assumed my comment to be reasonably objective; however there is no dispute about this, as I said the solution is to deliver questionnaires around in some 10 flights for example and get the opinions: majority wins!

BTW I am just back from a flight with KLM (due to work I normally take at least one return flight per week) and since first post I have also taken a Lufthansa flight in the meanwhile: the temperatures were 'normal', I mean no thermal stress behaviour or comments were obviously shown by any of the passengers.

I plan to fly Iberia in a couple of weeks.......I'll keep you posted!

Cheers......

P.S.: Iberia is not an airline I particularly dislike, hence my fisrt message and surprise for the circumstances described (and as said, this temperature issue was not my previous Iberia experience). The one I really dislike based on experience is a Dutch one...........you know....! :wink:

Knight255

Post by Knight255 »

Perhaps there was something wrong with the engine bleed valves thus creating a higher temp. Or perhaps the pilots were stupid and didn't realise how many people were on board (more bodies=more heat=less heating needed). Or maybe it WAS a ploy for you all to buy more drinks?? :x Not very nice of them.
"What's this button do?? I don't know, push it and find out................."