Middle East Airlines

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
chunk

Middle East Airlines

Post by chunk »

Hi

Has anyone flown on MEA at all? I have just booked tickets on Air France from ABZ - CDG - BEY in March and it seems that the CDG - BEY legs are on MEA as part of their codeshare agreement with AF. Its an A321 on the way there and an A330 on the return.

Thanks

ILS25L

Post by ILS25L »

Chunk,
Very nice ! 2 different planes on 2 legs and the A330 included !
Lucky guy.
I am always interested in a safety-card from the A321 and A330 of MEA but I am not sure you will be able to take them along. :wink:
Greetz, Karl

chunk

Post by chunk »

ILS25L wrote:Chunk,
Very nice ! 2 different planes on 2 legs and the A330 included !
Lucky guy.
I am always interested in a safety-card from the A321 and A330 of MEA but I am not sure you will be able to take them along. :wink:
Greetz, Karl
I'll try and take photos. Been on both those types before but not on MEA - I hear good things....

chrisflyer

Post by chrisflyer »

Chunk,

New to the forum here.

Flew MEA on a work trip in October 2004: CDG-BEY-CDG. Outbound left Paris around 1pm, return left Beirut at 8am. Both were on the A332. There are two flights in each direction operated by MEA (A321 and A332) and one by AF (B772).

I must say that I was pleasantly surprised and that MEA struck me as a small, yet very professional carrier. The plane was impeccable on both trips, cabin crew was friendly, the IFE was fair, the food was above average - and complete with menu card in Y class and after-dinner brandy.

The sheer number of passengers between BEY and CDG is amazing, and I believe that many of them connect to AF's North and Latin America flights. About 8 million Lebanese live in Brazil alone, and approx 3 million in the US.

Enjoy your flights on MEA.

rgds
Chris

chunk

Post by chunk »

Chris,

Thanks for the reply - it seems they have a good reputation. I am on the same flight back as you but an earlier one to Beirut from CDG. Looking forward to it....

SN30952

Lebanon

Post by SN30952 »

chrisflyer wrote:About 8 million Lebanese live in Brazil alone, and approx 3 million in the US. rgds Chris
Yes, the lebanese diaspora is big in southern hemisphere: South America and Africa.
Due to Sharon's invasion of Beirut, I had a forced holiday*.
So I went to one of my favoured places somewhere in Venezuela.
A lebanese family had fled Lebanon and had immedeately started a beach restaurant there, so it was for length of our stay, the place for our seafood lunch or dinner.

*I had been posted as Rep Lebanon for Sabena. (with also Syria :wink: )
And that was not the right moment to return or even to be seen there, even with a belgian diplomatic service passport.

For the experts among Luchtzak members: Venezuela is 100% in the N. hemisphere, but Brazil is not 100% in the S. hemisphere.
Btw the only railway in Venezuela is the Maracay-Bariquisimeto track. I mention this because Bariquisimeto has a very special airport (BRM): Jacinto Lara. One end of the runway is 13m higher than the other)

MEA707

Post by MEA707 »

You'll enjoy MEA. One of the top airlines in the Middle East.

It's good that you will be flying on both of their aircraft types, the A321 and A330.

The A330s have AVOD (Audio/Video on Demand) in all classes, while the A321 has regular broadcast IFE in all classes.

Enjoy your trip.

Regards