A Belgian stewardess on a Lufthansa flight to Frankfurt!

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
sn26567

A Belgian stewardess on a Lufthansa flight to Frankfurt!

Post by sn26567 »

BRU-FRA-BRU with LH (31 Jan 05)

I travelled on a flexible economy ticket at no less than €699 (I had no other choice on a day return trip). The LH monopoly keeps increasing the price every year on BRU-FRA. I was booked on LH4571, etd 8:25. The plane, an Airbus A320-200 registered D-AIQW, arrived late in Brussels.

Larger view

Boarding was delayed and the actual departure time was 8:35. In addition, Frankfurt airport was congested and we circled some 20 minutes before landing. Finally, we could not get a gate and had to be bussed from the tarmac to the terminal, where I arrived 30 minutes late. I was this 20 minutes late in my meeting.

The load factor was 100%, one third of which in business class: why decrease the price under such conditions?

The nice feature about the flight was that, in addition to the usual German cabin crew making the announcements in German (Deutschland über alles) and English, there was a Belgian stewardess who translated some of the announcements in French and Flemish (not Dutch).

Well done Lufthansa :thumbsup: (if it were not for the price and the late arrival)

This nice exception did not occur on the return flight, LH4586, etd 17:20, operated by an Airbus A321-100 registered D-AIRT. Here the load factor was only 25%. But the only words in French and Dutch came from a tape recorder. :cry:

Larger View

Nothing special to mention about that flight...
Last edited by sn26567 on 03 Feb 2005, 10:56, edited 4 times in total.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Stoney

Re: A Belgian stewardess on a Lufthansa flight to Franfurt!

Post by Stoney »

sn26567 wrote: there was a Belgian stewardess who translated some of the announcements in French and Flemish (not Dutch).
huh? Not dutch? So she did the announcement in some kind of flemish dialect? Would be funny :)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Stoney wrote:
sn26567 wrote: there was a Belgian stewardess who translated some of the announcements in French and Flemish (not Dutch).
huh? Not dutch? So she did the announcement in some kind of flemish dialect? Would be funny :)
No. I only meant the accent...
André
ex Sabena #26567

Avro

Post by Avro »

It's incredble to see those prices between FRA-BRU. Someone definately has to do something against that monopoly.

Chris

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

sn26567 wrote:BRU-FRA-BRU with LH (31 Jan 05)
I travelled on a flexible economy ticket at no less than €699. The LH monopoly keeps increasing the price every year on BRU-FRA.
8O 8O

It looks like LH can make big money thanks to this route...

Regards

BeN :idea:

Note to Mr SNBA: It looks like there is a market to be considered... but definitely not by code-sharing.

Note to Mr Ryanair: LH is indeed "Europe's number one highest-fare airline"
Image Image
Auf wiedersehen Lufthansa Nein zum Lufthanse Kerozizuschlag

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

@Ben: I wonder where SN would find the right slots for a BRU-FRA-BRU operation

@André: thanks for the report! How was the service on your flights?

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

maybe Ryanair should start CRL-HHN???

Stoney

Post by Stoney »

699€? My god, last time I flew bru-hkg for that price, even BRU-DPS on Cathay pacific was cheaper than that...
I hope for you the company was paying ;)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Sabena_690 wrote:How was the service on your flights?
LH professional style, as usual. Apparently they also cut on the food. Compared to the SN Brussels Bistro, LH has junk food: a small piece of gingerbread in a plastic wrapper for breakfast and a Lila Pause chocolate bar for supper!
André
ex Sabena #26567