To Athens with Virgin Express

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Omikros

To Athens with Virgin Express

Post by Omikros »

Hy all,

One month ago I went to Athens from Brussels with Virgin Express. The flight was very nice, I saw some nice things (traffic and stuff like that) and I entered the cockpit during boarding :-)! I wrote a letter for the pilot to enter the cockpit during flight (I said that I fly flightsimulator and I'm a member in forums) but I couldn't, it was prohibited! Although the captain (a nice lady :lol: ) said that they would like some company during flight...
The next thing that I didn't like was during landing, I couldn't film. Minutes before the pilot said "cabin crew position for landing" the stewardess came to me and said I couldn't film...but why is that? For your safety :?:
Could someone tell me why it's prohibited to film during landing (and takeoff)??
I couldn't film takeoff because it was dark...

If you want to see the movie: http://users.pandora.be/Aeropolis/virgin_LGAV.wmv

greetz
Alex

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

The reason why you wheren't allowed to film when landing in Athens is probably because photographing is forbidden on Greek airports...

Nice movie though ;)

Comet

Post by Comet »

Nice to know that Virgin Express have correct ethics!

As for filming - I filmed both the take off and landing of my first SN Brussels flight between Birmingham and Brussels in March. I managed this in part because the crew did not know that I was filming video because I was using a digital camera. The steward just thought I was taking ordinary photos and I didn't bother to tell him that I was making a video :mrgreen:

To see the results of the video of take off from BHX in slight fog and landing at BRU in gorgeous sunshine, visit this link https://www.aviation24.be/postt4300.html

That's my favourite fligth report of the ones I've written :mrgreen:
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Thanks Omikros for submitting the movie in the downloads-area!

https://www.aviation24.be/downloads-cat15.html

Omikros

Post by Omikros »

Hy,

Thank you for adding the video :-)

You actually can film in Athens because last year I filmed in Hellas Jet the landing and takeoff so...And the fact that it's a video with photocamera, I have a camcorder so it's difficult to say that you are only taking pictures :lol:

greetz
Alex

Comet

Post by Comet »

I use a Sharp Viewcam VLA-111H which is 8mm format for my main video filming, and a Kodak digital camera for short video filming. I made the take off and approach/landing films with the Kodak digital camera so no one would know I was filming video, like they would if I had used the Viewcam. I use the Viewcam when I am on holiday and shoot inflight movies with that one so I am never using it on approach and take off.

The only time I have not been able to use the video camera at all was on Aer Lingus between Manchester and Dublin. This was a pity because we flew over alot of land and it was a clear day. I have no intention of flying with EI again though, so this won't arise again.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise