Favorite long-haul airplane????

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!

Favorite long-haul airplane???

Total votes: 0

Knight255

Favorite long-haul airplane????

Post by Knight255 »

Just curious what your favorite long-haul airplane is. Please, only vote on an airplane if you have actually been on it. Lets hear airline services onboard, how comfy the seats were, inflight movies, meals, the whole gambit!!!
"What's this button do?? I don't know, push it and find out................."

moons

Post by moons »

I would go for the 767 of AA.

I also flew on the 747 a few times.
But if you ask for the service and all things in-flight...
The in-flight service with BA was good, but the seats were not so good if I remember well. So I voted the 767 Luxury Liner of AA. (coach) :)
Very good service, seats were also good ( especially the leather headrests ).

I didn't fly on a wide-body of Airbus yet, so maybe my opinion will change one day. :wink:

greets

JetB

Post by JetB »

I would say a B777.

Had a great flight on an American Airlines triple seven from Los Angeles to London. Anyway you always get a better service and nicer AC on a high competition route. I like the personal entertainment system, and when the flight is not full the 777 is super !.

A nice AC but not really my favorite is a B767, This type is the only one you can fly from Brussels to the US, what a pity !. ( How could I forget Biman's DC10 !, your favorite airline for low cost, high risk flying :wink: ).

I hope Brussels is going to become a 7E7 heaven when airlines replace there aging 767's.

OrientThai

Post by OrientThai »

The B777 is the best plane. Very quiet and comfortable.
I warmly recommend the B777 of UA with good legroom in economy (better than their B767-300), their configuration is better than the B777 of TG (2-5-2 against 3-4-3), and each seat is equipped with PTV. The service onboard is the same as TG.
I would also love to fly on a A340-500/600.

Knight255

Post by Knight255 »

I've been on lots of 767's. I have to say though, I like the inflight service of Virgin Atlantic. I was on a flight (ORD-LHR) on a A340 (a shorter one, can't remember which though) and they had the personal tv's where you could play video games and such. Was the only time I could experience that on a long trip. Comfortwise though, 777 all the way. Though, I have been on AA767's a few times (ORD-HNL) and they were nice too.

Comet

Post by Comet »

The 747-400.

And this is more suited to General Aviation than Latest Aviation News.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Harry_Spotter

Post by Harry_Spotter »

I would say the A346, it s such a great aircraft
The triple seven is also gorgous. The best looking 747 is definitely in the BA livery, just love it and it s great to fly it.
Never went in the 777 nor in the 346, hope some day....

Knight255

Post by Knight255 »

Yeah, my bad on where I posted this. I thought I was in the Airline experiences room. Whoops!!

SicilianFalcon

Post by SicilianFalcon »

My only experience I can actually remember o na long haul flight was from Houston To Amsterdam on a KLM 747 back in 1993 i was only small but hey it was great stuff and a great introduction to long haul flights.

Plus from a viewing point of view, watching a 747-400 land and take off, To see such a machine make its way into the sky and appear from it so majestically is great fun.

Cant wait for the A380 now :D

8) Forza!

V-Bird

re

Post by V-Bird »

747-300 of klm, never ha such a good long-haul flights on the classics of klm, to bad they are gone.

moons

Post by moons »

I flew on a KLM 747-300 4 years ago inbound Amsterdam.
I even visited the flight deck :D

BP

Post by BP »

I would have to say its the good old Queen of the skies the Boeing 747-400. Its always a thrill to travel in one. Lets not forget that its not only the plane that counts but also the service provided by the airlines.

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

I have been on a A330 many times before and I must say it's quite comfortable. Business-class as economy-class!

Comet

Post by Comet »

I went onto the flightdeck of a 747-400 of Air New Zealand, flying between Heathrow and Los Angeles. We were somewhere over Greenland or Canada because there were alot of mountains below, the view was fantastic. It was even better because the economy class passengers were banned from opening the window blinds and so had to spend the entire 10 and a half hour flight in a dark cabin.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

:rock: Air India's B-747 400. :rock:

:banana: The Maharaja In The Sky. :banana:

Bom-Lhr-Jfk-Lhr-Bom.

Amazing food in the business class, with a good selection of wine and drinks and good cashewnuts as condiments.

Vegetarian Food in AirIndia is the best compared to about 27 airlines, i have travelled in so far.

Seats were spacious and yes, the service (though not from lovely faces) was plesant and yes with a smile.

No restrictions whatsoever and in fact had a chance to go to the cockpit and see the view from there. :smile: Was awestruck.
Aum Sweet Aum.

MD-11er

Post by MD-11er »

Excuse me.

Where are the MD-11 and DC-10???

Still some airlines use the MD-11 as a regular aircraft. :arrow: Think about Thai, KLM, Finnair,...

The same for the DC-10 :arrow: Northwest, JAL,...

Also the B747 there is no choice inbetween the Classics as 100,200,300 and the 400

So I must hold my vote as the best widebody remains the MD-11. :wink:

Knight255

Post by Knight255 »

Although those are my two most favorite commercial airplanes, they are too rare/old to compare with these. No major airline, to my knowledge, uses them as their queen of the skies. Sorry!!! :cry:

MD-11er

Post by MD-11er »

Oh yes there some.

Finnair for example uses the MD11 as their queen of the skies.

DC7-C

Post by DC7-C »

My choice from this selection is CO B772-ER last year EWR-HKG. The seats were very comfortable, The a/c was very stable and handled turbulence beautifully, PTV was OK and I deplaned in a good shape after 16 hours non-stop flight.

jroy

Post by jroy »

AF B773, CDG-NRT-CDG, Machine was almost brand-new, very comfy seats, state of the art entertainment. A very powerful and very stable machine.