Favorite long-haul airplane????

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!

Favorite long-haul airplane???

Total votes: 0

MD-11

Post by MD-11 »

Just look at my nickname and avatar. :wink:
I had a real good flight on a KLM MD-11 to Aruba last August. Seat pitch was more than good for my long legs, food was really tasty and my wife and I sat in the jumpseat for about 45 minutes in flight.
We also flew on City Bird's MD-11 "Albatros". It looked nicer outside but inside ( service and place and food ) I choose the KLM one.
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Knight255

Post by Knight255 »

By the way, the reason why I decided not to include the DC-10 or MD-11 is because they are not (to my knowledge) the flagship of a major airline. If I am wrong, please let me know.
"What's this button do?? I don't know, push it and find out................."

RobinZartos

Post by RobinZartos »

Didn't ever fly one of those jets. Sadly the A310-300 is not mentioned. That aircraft is used also in some airlines for "long haul"-routes.

On the sim i love to fly the A330. Very elegant, in real life too, especially during a smooth takeoff up in the air.

B737229

Post by B737229 »

Comet wrote:It was even better because the economy class passengers were banned from opening the window blinds and so had to spend the entire 10 and a half hour flight in a dark cabin.
For which reason?

Personally I love the 747SP - what a great aircraft!

RobinZartos

Post by RobinZartos »

747SP
Bleh, so short :D Hate that aircraft.

nwa757

Post by nwa757 »

Even though it wasn't on the list, I would have to go with the DC-10. My first flight was on a Northwest Airlines DC-10 from Milwaukee, WI to Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN in December of 1996. I also had some of my favorite flights on DC-10s over the years.

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/131689/M/

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/411481/M
Onward and Upward...