BRU to VLC on 28 dec with Vueling flight VLG6021

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
waldova

BRU to VLC on 28 dec with Vueling flight VLG6021

Post by waldova »

Well this will be my first review that I write on this forum. Today I'm taking Vueling flight to Valencia again and decided to make a review.

I arrived at the airport at 7.30 this morning. We left really early because of the snow warning and we expected a lot of traffic on the way to here, especially on the Ring of Brussels. But as surprisingly as it was there was not traffic at all.
Arrived at the airport I had to wait ten minutes before checking in because the check in desks were not open yet.
Check in started at 7.45. Only a few people were already queing. Today the flight would have 146 pax on board. I quickly checked the computer at Special Assistance to see wich airplane it would be and it turns out to be EC-IZD. Finally I will fly another one than EC-JAB. After checking the computer I started the quee. It only took ten minutes to check-in. In the beginning only one BGS agent was working and then a second agent joined.
The plane would leave today from gate A55. Because I had a lot of time to wait i decided to buy a proximus wirelles LAN card. I have to admit that the wirelles service of proximus works really good.
Boarding started five minutes earlier than planned. Arriving in the plane the first thing I noticed was that the cabin had different furnishing than the EC-JAB and it seemd there was more legroom.
One of the stewardesses and one of the stewards I knew already from my previous flights with Vueling. Especially the stewardess was really nice. She started a little conversation with me in Spanish! Already a good start of my vacation in Valencia.
The plane left at the exact time planned at the gate. During take-off there was a lot of turbulence because of the bad weather. It was a pitty because I love the view of Brussels after taking off on 25R. After take-off the cabin crew intruduced themselves in three languages, Spanish, English and French. I was really surprised of the French. What I missed this time was the 'Go Vueling' during take-off.
After the seatbelt sign was turned off the inflight service started. I noticed that the prices for a Vueling Snack menu had augmented by one euro. Also before you used to receive a appel, a sandwich and a soft drink. This time the appel was replaced by a Kit Kat. The price for this menu was 6€. A coke was 2€ and also a new item on the list was a spanish baguette with Spanish breath ham. Since I never had that on the plane I took this, 4€ plus a coke at 2€. Before the approach the crew came by with an inquiry about Vueling. On the inquiry they were asking to where you wish Vueling would be flying. On the list were, Lisbon, Amsterdam, Tenerife, Malaga and two other spanish destinations.
We landed at a quarter before twelve in Valencia. This time again the approach was over the city of Valencia. I really love this approach. On the tarmac was also a plane of Thomas Cook operated by Condor.
Waiting for the luggage took 15 minutes. I immediately noticed that there was a hole in my luggage, namely one of the wheels was missing and it had made a hole in it. So I went to Lost and Found of Iberhandling who performs the handling of Vueling. This went really nice and after some paperwork I received a paper of Vueling. I was supposed to call Vueling Bagage Claim within 5 days. After calling Vueling they gave me an adress to where I could go with my luggage in Valencia to repair it on their cost.
At the store they told me the bagage was not repairable and they just gave me a replacement of the same kind. So I was happy. I replaced my 6 year old luggage with a brand new one.

So this was for me again a good Vueling. I really liked the policy on the damaged bag. Go Vueling!!!

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

THanks for this detailed report!

It looks like Vueling is closer to EasyJet than Ryanair as far as service is concerned.

Regards

BeN :idea:

sn26567

Re: BRU to VLC on 28 dec with Vueling flight VLG6021

Post by sn26567 »

Thanks for nice report, waldowa.
waldova wrote:I quickly checked the computer at Special Assistance to see wich airplane it would be and it turns out to be EC-IZD.
Is that computer available to the public?
André
ex Sabena #26567

waldova

Post by waldova »

No it is not, but as I work for BGS I can acces it! Also in case you would like to know while checking-in you can always ask the check-in agent. He also has acces and can see what the registration of the plane is.
Last edited by waldova on 30 Dec 2004, 11:01, edited 1 time in total.

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

Nice report. Thanks for sharing.
Aum Sweet Aum.

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

nice report!!!

Avro

Post by Avro »

Great report. :)

As BeN said, it seems that the customer service of Vueling is more like the one of EZY than the one of FR. I'm impressed.

Chris

SilverJET

Post by SilverJET »

This is a great report you wrote Waldova. Vueling seems a fresh and competive airline to me, since I read some reports on them. I wouldn't doubt when booking a flight to BCN or VLC with them !

Go Vueling !

Best Regards

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

waldova wrote:Also in case you would like to know while checking-in you can always ask the check-in agent. He also has acces and can see what the registration of the plane is.
Pity that BIAC does not install computers accessible to passengers, like in FRA, where they can check themselves.
André
ex Sabena #26567

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

Avro wrote:Great report. :)

As BeN said, it seems that the customer service of Vueling is more like the one of EZY than the one of FR. I'm impressed.
Chris
I'm impressed too Chris!

As a result, I had a look at Vueling's site when planning my February city-trip and decided to book tickets to Valencia.

I'm looking forward to my first Airbus A.320 flights.

Regards

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

OO-SBZ wrote:I had a look at Vueling's site when planning my February city-trip and decided to book tickets to Valencia.
Can I assume that you did not win in the VEX contest?
André
ex Sabena #26567

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

sn26567 wrote:
OO-SBZ wrote:I had a look at Vueling's site when planning my February city-trip and decided to book tickets to Valencia.
Can I assume that you did not win in the VEX contest?
As reported here, I didn't win the contest...
By the way I wonder if more than 3 luchtzakkers got so-called free tickets to Valencia?

Like Waldova's girlfriend I was awarded a 10% discount on a future booking.

I cheched on VEX's web-site but for the period I was interested in and the Belgian carrier was between 30% and 70% ( 8O ) more expensive than Vueling.

Moreover I had been positively impressed by this above reported experience whereas my former Virgin experiences left me with mixed feelings: shabby cabin, inattentive staff, 90 minute delay on the short BRU-LHR hop without any explanation, etc.

Regards

levent

Post by levent »

Nice report Waldova, hope you had a good time with your girlfriend here in Valencia and a good Vueling back again!

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

Nice repor waldova! I think I'll be flying Vueling in the summer! And by your opninion it seems Vueling is a very good airline :!:

See you!
Tot hier en verder

waldova

Post by waldova »

RYR8023 wrote:
waldova wrote:What I missed this time was the 'Go Vueling' during take-off
What's that ? 8)
Ah, well it is something something that some stewards say at take-off in the cabin speaker. Untill know on three of my five trips to Valencia they said this. The first time I was thinking: 'What the hell is this'. But actually it is quit funny to hear somebody say it at take-off, know I expect it at every flight! Gooooooooooo Vueling! :banana:

MSS658

Post by MSS658 »

noce report