Internet in flight

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Advisor

Internet in flight

Post by Advisor »

I was wondering if fellow aviation colleagues will help me achive statistics on the list of airlines giving internet connection.

I have experienced wireless internet on board Lufthansa's Los Angeles - Munich flight and wish to share my experiences.

Please contribute list of airlines.
Aum Sweet Aum.

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

My contact in BOEING tells me that Singapore Airlines is planning to follow suit.

I am told, that in a team-up, SIA & Connexion by Boeing, the broadband service will initially be available on selected SIA Singapore-London flights from the first quarter of 2005.

Passengers will have to pay for the service, with unlimited access to the Internet on flights of more than six hours costing 29.95 US dollars.

Unlimited access on flights of between three and six hours will cost 19.95 dollars and 14.95 dollars for flights of less than three hours.

A metered option will also be available, starting at 7.95 dollars for the first 30 minutes and 25 cents for every extra minute.
Aum Sweet Aum.

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

My Boeing contact updates:

China Airlines and Connexion by Boeing have signed an agreement that will bring high-speed Internet service to travelers on China Airlines flights.

The new Internet service will be available first on CALs North America bound B747-400 flights, to and from New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Anchorage and Vancouver since June, 2005.

The agreement was signed by China Airlines Chairman Yao-Chung Chiang and Connexion by Boeing President Scott Carson.

China Airlines will be the first airline in Taiwan to introduce this cutting-edge system.
By installing antenna on aircraft, the Connexion system brings high-speed Internet connectivity to in-flight users via satellite and ground operation centers.

Following installation, CAL passengers using laptop computers or PDAs with wireless network cards will enjoy high speed access to the Internet when the aircraft is flying above 10,000 feet.
Aum Sweet Aum.

AvenueBE

Post by AvenueBE »

I will be able to test the service this coming week on an SK flight CPH to SEA.

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

Let us know how it was. Does SK give any special benefits and how was the connection, speed etc.
Aum Sweet Aum.

p1lot

Post by p1lot »

Surely all new aircraft will have "options" for wireless connectivity? Such as A350 and 7E7?? There may even be "add-on" ticket sales so you get maybe 2 hours of "surftime" included in your ticket price!

Suppose it will be subject to airlines and availability as they like to say... still, its a good idea!

bits44

Connexion at Boeing

Post by bits44 »

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

Thank you bits44.
Aum Sweet Aum.

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

Saudi Arabian Airline to offer Internet service to passengers.

Update from http://www.menafn.com/qn_news_story_s.asp?StoryId=74871
Aum Sweet Aum.