AMS-ATL-LIM with Delta Airlines

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
A318

AMS-ATL-LIM with Delta Airlines

Post by A318 »

Just came back last saturday from my trip to Lima-Peru which I made now for the 10th time I think but the first time with Delta Airlines.
As I read here on luchtzak some average reports I didn't expect to much but was very surprised after all.
Flights between AMS-ATL vv were flown with a 767-300 and the flights between ATL-LIM were done with a 767-400.
I will just mention my experiences with Delta without writing a detailed report.
All check-in were going smooth, proffesional and on time thanks to the zone structure they work with.
Flight Attendants are indeed older then some european airlines but very friendly and proffesional on all our flights.
Since I am being directly a frequent flyer member from Delta I already made online reservations for my seats which were 26AB, 23AB,19AB and back to AMS 23AB.
All seats are on top or just in front of the wings.
Take offs were smooth but touch downs were rather rough, not really something that bothers me by the way, at least you feel you are there ;)
As I am always mentioning KLM has such a great pitch between their seats I was very surprised to see that with Delta I had even more space then on the KLM MD11's :thumbsup:
Seat were having leather pillows attached to the chairs and were pretty comfortable.
My satisfaction was at his top when I entered the 767-400 in Atlanta, this baby is really huge on the inside since there is not pantry placed in the 2nd half of the plane, what a beauty.
All planes had flat screen panels in the isles and in front on the gally walls, just fine for me.
Food was good but a little less and from a little more basic level then with KLM but for € 600,- price difference very acceptable.
The switch of planes in ATL was on our way to LIM very good since we only had to wait 2:45 before departure to LIM, bags were checked through from AMS directly to LIM another very good point from Delta.
On our way back the same only our arrival was at 8:00 AM and departure to AMS was 6:00 PM! Instead of being bored and tired on the airport we had a reservation with Ameri-suites where we took a nice 5 hour nap, shower and a lunch before going back to the airport ;)
To be short:
-Delta is a very good airline, clean and comfortable planes and seats with a more then average pitch.
-Crew is friendly and proffesional.
-ATL hub is easy to navigate and has enough hotels to spend some time.
-Price, quality is great, really a big plus!
-All our flights were perfectly on time with not a minute delay.
-Flight information was a very nice graphical piece of art, loved it!

As you understand Delta Airlines gets from me :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

Avro

Post by Avro »

Thanks for the nice report Erwin.

This Delta experience remionds me of the time I flew in Delta's B767-300ER myself. And as you said the seat pitch is indeed very good.

Chris

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Thanks for excellent report, Erwin. You lucky guy who got on a 764.

Instead of sleeping all day in ATL, why didn't you do some spotting. Apart from DL, there are a lot of airlines to be watched in one of the world's busiest airports.
André
ex Sabena #26567

A318

Post by A318 »

sn26567 wrote:Thanks for excellent report, Erwin. You lucky guy who got on a 764.

Instead of sleeping all day in ATL, why didn't you do some spotting. Apart from DL, there are a lot of airlines to be watched in one of the world's busiest airports.
When you have to fly two nights behind eachother I prefer to step into the plane again a little fresh and a little less tired. When I looked at the people that didn't go to a hotel I knew we made the right choice ;)
"Hanging" for 16 hours on FL320 is very nice when you can sleep 4 hours in a real bed, so it wasn't the whole day :)

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

athos

Post by athos »

Nice report Erwin,

Much better experience then I had on my latest holiday trip :-)

A pity you couldn't make some pics.

Always like to read a trip report with some pics, which tells sometimes more then a thousand words.

Keep those reports coming.

regards,

athos

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Thanks for the report.

Did you take airlinemeals pictures?

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

AN124

Post by AN124 »

Thanks you for this nice report A318.
Good to here you enjoyed you flight with Delta.

Best Regards,
Yvo

A318

Post by A318 »

Sorry, like always I didn't take any pictures since I am a little old fashion and still don't have a digital camera. Soon this will change because I am really going to buy one before my flight to Beijing in March!

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

MSS658

Post by MSS658 »

nice report

what where the regs. in the AMS-ATL-AMS legs

A318

Post by A318 »

Airfrancefan wrote:nice report

what where the regs. in the AMS-ATL-AMS legs
Since I am not a reg spotter, ofcourse I didn't even try to find it out, sorry for that one.
I will try to have this kind of info on my next trips to share with you but normally I just want to sit/hang and get out of here :D

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

MSS658

Post by MSS658 »

ok

Stoney

Post by Stoney »

you mention a 600€ price difference between delta and klm if I read correctly... Can I ask you what you paid for your ticket?