GVA-DUS 5th of november on Lufthansa Cityline

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Jumbolino

Post by Jumbolino »

Dear all,
Although the flight was very unspectacular and although that I have no pic´s I like to share my experience with you because it´s not what we call a often seen routing :wink:
Well, starting at Cornavin (Geneva Main Train station) I took the Regional Train to the airport which was a 7 minute hop directly into the terminal.
I had to go upstairs and then over the street to reach MY Terminal which I could find very easily also the Lufthansa quick Check-In Automates and first time after I putted into my FrequentFlyer Card a Canadair Regional Jet popped up and I could decide between to green seats one on aisle row 6 and another window seat row 11 which I choosed (11F). the automate gaves me back a paper return receipt and my boarding pass (LH 3707 Boarding Time 19:00 departure Time 19:30 11 A CRJ1) Afterwards I ran around a bit on the shopping mall, but didn´t buy anything and entered the passport controll, which seems to be the same for swiss and french sector because after there was a sign Terminal F French sector right side and left the swiss Sector with all other Terminals (my flight was B31).
Entered the duty free shop and bought some cigarettes and was looing for a restaurant to have a beer (1664 very tasteful but like always on airports overpriced).
The way from A to B was quite long but the whole airport seems to me very modern and friendly. In front of B31-B34 was the security control where only ONE Counter was opened so there was a huge queue and some guys asked if they could enter the queue in front because their flight with Virgin Express to Brussels was still boarding .... no prob ...
nothing happened during security control (no beep :wink: ) and I waited in the smokers area for boarding.
Boarding was done 19:15 instead of 19:00 but it was VERY QUICK
our CRJ ACJG was waiting nearly under the roof of the terminal and we could enter it by out own (no finger, no bus boarding :lol: ).
Hand luggage should be delivered at aircraft and the staff looked very careful that nobody took Trolley directly on board, but everybody who knows a CRJ knows why :wink:
Row 11 is the row without a window but I could see a bit out of the window before or behing so no prob :wink:
Captain Schaefer and his crew welcomed us onboard, anouncements were done in german, french and english from the F/A and not from tape - quite nice.
"Push back" was done on time and after a nice takeoff (over Geneva, where you could see the lights of the city very impressive) they began with the catering, in a ECO a chabiatta with cheese or ham (I took cheese and it was more tasteful then the usual LH sandwhiches) and one drink of your choice. OK for a 1hour and 10 minutes hop.
We flew over luxembourg where we had some turbulences (it´s very nice in a CRJ I like it a lot :lol: ) and finally after we began our descent to Dusseldorf. Landing was very smooth and early but during the taxi we lost most of the time we had won on the air, reached parking position at 20:46 instaed of arrival time in DUS of 20:50. I was number two on the passport control so I left the airport only ten minutes or so after we reached our final parking position - all at once a very nice experience :lol:

Hope you enjoyed the report and feel free to ask questions
Jutta.

PS: it was too dark for good pic´s :cry:

sn26567

Re: GVA-DUS 5th of november on Lufthansa Cityline

Post by sn26567 »

Thanks for nice report, Jutta. It seems that you had a quite good experience. How did you like the windows of the CR1 (and CR2 the same)? I find them way too low. This has fortunately been corrected in the CR7 and CR9.
Jumbolino wrote:I like to share my experience with you because it´s not what we call a often seen routing :wink:
Well, I flew that route back in 1996 (not sure about the year...), when it was still served by Crossair with a Saab 2000. Also a nice experience, and by daylight!
André
ex Sabena #26567

Jumbolino

Post by Jumbolino »

André,
I think CR1 and CR2 have the same window layout,
and due to the fact, that I am only 1,50m short, it doesn´t matter to me, that it´s quite low, in fact I didn´t recognize this real ;)
and yes, that routing at daylight should be more exciting and unfortunatly today it will be dark again :(

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Thanks a lot for the report, Juta!

Glad to see that Lufthansa Cityline have not switched to the "improved economy class catering" of Lufthansa, where you get a Mars bar or Kit Kat bar (or something like that) on short hops from now on.

Frederic

AN124

Post by AN124 »

Thanks for this nice report.
I flew the LH CRJ's myself several times and it was always a nice experience.

Best Regards,
Yvo

Avro

Post by Avro »

Thanks for this detailed report Jutta. It's nice to see that the CRJ isn't that bad after all ;)

Chris

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Avro wrote:It's nice to see that the CRJ isn't that bad after all ;)
...except, as I wrote earlier, that in a CR1 or CR2 you will have to bend and get a backache to look through the window if you are taller than Jutta, i.e. if your height is more than 1.75 m.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Avro

Post by Avro »

sn26567 wrote:
Avro wrote:It's nice to see that the CRJ isn't that bad after all ;)
...except, as I wrote earlier, that in a CR1 or CR2 you will have to bend and get a backache to look through the window if you are taller than Jutta, i.e. if your height is more than 1.75 m.
Well I'm a little taller than that so I'll have to look out for those windows ;)

Chris

Jumbolino

Post by Jumbolino »

Hi,

Back from Geneva in Spreitenbach, so I've personal Internet access now,
I like to say *THANKS* to all of you for your kind replies.

Jutta :)

PS: Tomorrow Geneva again, but unfortunatly by train :(