Hewa Bora

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
sarbodd

Hewa Bora

Post by sarbodd »

Hi there! I have to take the Congolese carrier Hewa Bora for Kinshasa in December. Is it safe? on time? Thx! :D

waldova

Post by waldova »

I guess it is safe. But on time? That depends on how much luggage the Afrikaantjes take with them. Sometimes they have so many luggage and that the chech-in takes for ever. If I can give you a tip. Go almost 4 hours in advance an make shure that you check in with the first ones. Because i have seen them close check in even if they are still some people waiting.
Also I always am suprised where they put all the luggage from all the people. Most of them always have more than 100 kg's with them. That is really a lot!

Avro

Post by Avro »

The Hewa Bora flight is usually on time on both flights (coming to and going from BRU). But as waldova said, come early because you never know ;)

The plane you'll be flying on is 9Q-CHC a Lockheed L-1011-385-3 TriStar 500 which is the only long haul plane left in Hewa Bora's fleet.

Some info about the plane:

Cn: 193H-1209
Prev. regs: C-GAGI; N767DA
Engines: 3x RR RB211-524B4

About the safety, never heard of major problems with that particular aircraft, but will try to find out some info.

By the way, welcome to Luchtzak

Chris

sarbodd

Post by sarbodd »

Thx for infos! :)

Avro

Post by Avro »

sarbodd wrote:Thx for infos! :)
You're welcome

JetB

Post by JetB »

Everytime I say this people are attacking me, but there are only a few airlines I don't fly. Why ?, because I (so this is personal ) don't feel safe.
Here is my list.

-Biman
-FlyAir
-Hewa Bora
-Kalitta ( cargo )

On Biman and Hewa Bora you need deodorant to survive, if you like a curry and sweaty people this is your airline, not mine !.

Kalitta, I can only say one thing, take a look inside a Saudi / Singapore AC. And then go take a look at Kallita ...... :idea: A company that respects itself takes care of its staff and equipment.

Passengers, expecially people flying Hewa Bora sometimes cant keep there emotions under control, is that an african thing ? who knows.....

I really dont care what you people think about my post, maybe it all looks great from your site off the fence !.
And because I dont feel safe that doenst mean it isnt safe ! but there is deffentatly room for improvement, that way we dont lose engines anymore :wink: .

MKAirlines

Post by MKAirlines »

BobClaes wrote:
-Biman
-FlyAir
-Hewa Bora
-Kalitta ( cargo )
i agree with you on the flyair subject the other airlines i don't because i've never flown with them !

sarbodd

Post by sarbodd »

"because I (so this is personal ) don't feel safe.
Here is my list.

-Biman
-FlyAir
-Hewa Bora
-Kalitta ( cargo )" ?????????
Well man. I think that when it is your time it is your time even if you sit in an Air france! :wink: