BRU-IST-BRU with OHY

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
OrientThai

BRU-IST-BRU with OHY

Post by OrientThai »

Last saturday (16/10/04), I went with my class to Turkey for a school trip of one week. The flight to IST was booked with Onur Air. After everybody arrived and got his ticket, we went to the check-in desk.
Then we went trought the immigration, the security checkpoint and we arrived at our gate B07, where our aircraft a MD88 (TC-ONR) was waiting.
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/695958/M/

At 8h40 we boarded the aircraft, and push-back started at 9h00. The safety demonstration was made but I didn't understand anything because they had a terrible accent. And at 9h13 we took-off. I was impressed that the MD88 is very quiet when it takes-off compared to the A320 or the B737. After we reached the cruising altitude we received a meal (a fruit salad, some bread and slices of ham and cheese), which was followed by two drinks services served by the four flight attendants. During the flight no announcements were made from the captain. The rest of the flight was uneventfull and we landed on time at IST at 13h10 local time (+1h).

Today (23/10/04) our return filght was scheduled at 5h30 so we had to got up at 2 am. We arrived at the very modern airport of IST and made the check-in. We passed the immigration and the security checkpoint and we arrived at our gate.
At 5h05 we took the bus to our aircraft. The same MD88 was waiting for us and at 5h40 we took off from IST. This time the captain gave some flight's informations in a perfect english! The service and the meal was the same as the previous flight.
Suddenly during the flight the cabin crew asked if there was a doctor onboard. The passengers began to asked what was happening. It was one of our friends, I don't know exactly what he has but he was panicking because he doesn't like the planes and in addition he hadn't sleep all the night so he had a bad reaction during the flight. Apart that we landed on time at BRU at 8h00 (local time) with the typical belgian's weather, the rain.
We had an excellent week in Turkey and Onur Air is a good company even if we were a little bit cramped during the flight.

JetB

Post by JetB »

Nice to know I am not the only satisfied Onur Air customer. I enjoyed my flight a few weeks ago to Antalya, but same problem, didn't understand the crew.

For a change you didn't get the number one Onur Air meal "Cold chicken and pasta" :wink: .

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

nice report!

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Excellent report, OrientThai. How many people in your party to IST?

I enjoyed visiting Istanbul: great city!
André
ex Sabena #26567

OrientThai

Post by OrientThai »

Thank you for all your comments, we were 30 pupils accompagnied by 2 professors. Istanbul and the Cappadoce region are beautiful.
And also the load factor to IST was ~55% and to BRU was almost 100%.

Avro

Post by Avro »

Thanks for the nice report

Chris