Amsterdam-Liverpool with Easyjet 22/10/04 Emirates on board

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
speedbird1

Amsterdam-Liverpool with Easyjet 22/10/04 Emirates on board

Post by speedbird1 »

Started looking for a one way ticket back home for a quick weekend in the UK for this weekend, last Saturday.
SN wanted 350 euro or something. Or I could have bought a return for some fictious date and not turned up, but that was still going to cost 200 euro so I didn't bother on that one! So to Easyjet it was. On the website Easyjet wanted 40 Euro plus 10.50 tax I think, a very good price I thought. Next booked the train for Friday (forgetting about the strike that happened!) However the trains were running ok just a little busier than usual!
My flight was at 21.40, we arrived around 20.30 at Schiphol, checked in painlessly and headed to the gate after a quick Mc Donalds!
The flight was delayed for approx 40mins due to the incoming Stansted aircraft that we were flying on getting delayed then followed by a crew change for the Liverpool sector. Boarding commenced in true Lo-Cost style by the gentle discreet pushing of eachother to reach the desk where staff were working frantically to get us on the aircraft.
The aircraft was a 737-300 G-IGOT. I sat on row 9a in the window obviously. Taxi from the gate to the runway was very quick I was looking forward to a long taxi and some good spotting opportunities but none arose!
Take off was take off, always fun however many times you fly. Visibility was amazing on the climbout then clouded over once we were over the sea. Then from that moment one it was bumpy and the seatbelt signs stayed on throughout the flight.
On approach into Liverpool is was very rainy with low cloud. We broke cloud very low, well after we were established on final approach. The landing was graceful unlike the braking, right down to the end of the runway with reversers all the way due to very wet runway surface.
We parked very quickly, disembarked via the front steps just in time for the rain to revoke for a few minutes whilst we walked into the terminal. I had no hold baggage so, out into the arrivals hall and into a warm car and home!
To sum up, all in all a very good airline experience. Keep you the good work Easyjet!

Emirates

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Thanks for excellent report, Emirates. Were you assigned seat 9A or did you have to run to occupy it?
Last edited by sn26567 on 25 Oct 2004, 13:37, edited 1 time in total.
André
ex Sabena #26567

B744skipper

Post by B744skipper »

Thank you for the trip report, it is a very similar experience to mine yesterday :wink:

speedbird1

Post by speedbird1 »

sn26567 wrote:Thanks for excellent report, Emirates. Were you assigned seat 9A or did you have to run to occupy it?
I good point, the crew were urging people to the back of the aircrat so I just saw the seat and jumped in, there was a little scrum in the departure lounge!!

Emirates

VC10

Post by VC10 »

Thanks for the interesting report Emirates. :)

I must admit that I don't like the sound of having to fight for seats though, but apart from that, it sounds like easyJet are OK.
The Voice of Freedom will never be silenced.

Trisha