Charleroi - Warsaw - Charleroi

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Flybe

Charleroi - Warsaw - Charleroi

Post by Flybe »

On 26/09 i flew to Warsaw from Charleroi on Wizz Air:

Nice young company, that flies new A320's and has young friendly, but professional flight attendants. Maybe the time (a sunday morning at 8:30) had to do something with it, but there were only about 30 to 40 people on the plane that can carry 180 persons.

I liked flying on the airbus very much, as it was my first time on an airbus (finally! :D ). The service was very good, of course keeping in mind that it's a low cost company. Last summer i flew Air Polonia to Katowice, and i had the impression that on Wizz Air, you see the stewardesses more in the cabin, instead of hiding at the back or in the front.

The seats are very nice, and seemed to be leather (or fake leather, but very nice anyway). I was hungry and ate a muffin with chocolate for 9,90 zloty, or 2€. Stupid as i was, i calculated the difference wrongly and payed in zloty, while it would have been cheaper to pay in euros... stupid of me. But the muffin was very tasty and actually quite big, so i was happy.

After the landing the flight attendants were so friendly to let me visit the cockpit and take a picture of it:-) When i mentioned that i would write a tripreport on Luchtzak, i found out that the (co-?)pilot was actually a belgian, and he told me that he knew this site 8) Unforunately i didn't ask his name. So if you are reading this: thank you for a great flight!

I came back on Air Polonia on 04/10. The flight was more or less 80% to 85% full, the aircraft being a 737-400. Quite good loadfactor, even for that early hour, probably it being a monday had something to do with it. Due to "operational reasons" the flight was delayed first 30 minutes, then 1,5h, and later they didn't say anything anymore. At last, after a delay of 3h, we could go (after waiting another 20 minutes for a second bus to come and pick up the remaining passengers in the terminal). I do have to say that both the groundstaff, cabin crew as pilots apologised for this delay.

Again i was hungry and i chose to eat a sandwich with cheese. It was very tasty and also quite big, for the price of 10 zloty, so about the same as with Wizz Air. I have to say that i slightly preffered the sandwich for that price, because it seemed a little bit better value, but the muffin was also more than ok.

During the flight i saw quite many other aircrafts: 1 was flying next to us for about 15 minutes, and meanwhile 2 other aircrafts passed consecutively in between us. It was a very nice sight!

The boeing 737-400 of Air Polonia isn't bad, but i have to say that i prefer - based on only 1 experience so far - the airbus 320 of Wizz Air. The inside is just much newer then the older looking inside of the 737's or Air Polonia. In general, i found the service of Wizz Air just that little bit better than Air Polonia, although the latter surely isn't bad either!

I realy hope that Wizz Air will be around for a long time to come, and i hope that they loads also will be much better! To help them and to find out more about the A320, i booked a roundtrip to Warsaw on Wizz Air for this weekend :thumbsup2: Well, basically i booked it because Wizz Air just had a great promotion (sorry guys, i guess you just missed it, it ended today :? ) for flying next month: the tickets costs 1 eurocent! So that means only taxes to pay. I go for less than 50€ to Poland and back:-) No better reason to make a quick unscheduled stop with your girlfriend in Warsaw, isn't it? :D

So guys and girls, basically i recommend Wizz Air very much, try them out and you'll be amazed! They are good and they deserve much higher loads on their planes! By now they fly from Charleroi to Budapest and Warsaw, with Katowice to be added soon!

Greets,

Pieter
Last edited by Flybe on 14 Oct 2004, 22:52, edited 2 times in total.

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

They still have the promotion!
€47 roundtrip to Budapest, if only I didn't had school...

Flybe

Post by Flybe »

They still have the promotion!
Indeed, they apparently changed the booking dates. Hurry up, and cancel school! I heard Budapest is also a very nice city at this time of the year 8)

Greets,

Pieter

MKAirlines

Post by MKAirlines »

Thnx For the very nice report !

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Thanks for excellent report, Flybe. I highly appreciated the comparison between two low costs flying the same route: at least there starts to be competition in that area! Let's hope that both of them can stay in business....
André
ex Sabena #26567

Avro

Post by Avro »

Thanks for this great report Pieter. I realy enjoyed reading it.

Chris

Jumbolino

Post by Jumbolino »

@Pieter
first thx for this interesting trip report, seems Wizz Air as well as Air Polonia are quite honorable airlines :P
but
After the landing the flight attendants were so friendly to let me visit the cockpit and take a picture of it:-)
I deeply MISS the picture :cry: