Continental Airlines (CO) IAH - SAT - IAH

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
chunk

Continental Airlines (CO) IAH - SAT - IAH

Post by chunk »

Before coming back to Scotland I had to make a quick detour to San Antonio with a work colleague so we flew there from Houston. We could have driven but, well, couldn;t be arsed so Continental it was.

21/9 - IAH - SAT - Continental 738

There is so little tha can be said on a flight of this length.....total time in the air was 36 minutes. I got a drink just as we were starting descent in SAT....everything on time and no - no winglets on the plane.....

22/9 SAT - IAH - Continental 733

Well our meeting finished early so we went to the airport to try and get an earlier flight than the 1.45pm we were booked on. It was 10.30 and we saw one at 11.15, 11.45 and 12.35 so tried to get on the 11.15. We joined the Elite queue for check in but it wan;t moving. CO staff in SAT decided that Elite didn;t mean s**t and let the queue grow longer (there was a prooblem with one ELite poassenger) and longer whilst the economy queue shrunk.....We were first in line and didn;t get to the desk until 10.55am - too late for the 11.15. When we complained that we missed the plane because the other FOUR check in staff were too busy concentrating on one line he apologised and said that there would be more on but people need there lunch!!!! Good to see CO ground staff at their best!

Eventually he gave us passes for the 12.35 (11.45 was full) and we went through security (it is getting worse there....I was almost butt naked by the time the jacket, shoes, belt were off - bit crazy really). When we got to the gate it was clear that 11.15 was still boarding.....so we tried our luck and got hte last two seats on the plane. Middle seats but on a flight of that length who cares. This time I didn't even get a drink as we were on descent by the time the cart got near me.....

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

The joys of flying in the US...

We are still lucky to be in Europe! (Is Scotland part of Europe? England does not seem to be! ;-) )

Thanks for excellent report, chunk.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Jense

Post by Jense »

Another nice report :!:

Next time I go to the USA (who knows when... :cry:) I'll try to take the CO-flight; it seems to be good...

greettzzz

chunk

Post by chunk »

Yeah Scotland is part of Europe....I'm not sure it is part of the UK sometimes though...

Travelling around the US is never good but CO are not bad. I thought NW were better but that was only a couple of flights. Internationally try and avoid US airlines where possible because it often means painful transit and they have generally never been that good (except NW on the airbus!).

Avro

Post by Avro »

Thanks for the second interesting report chunk.

You mention that the loadfactor of on one of the flights was 100% but how were they on the both flights you took ?

Greetz
Chris

chunk

Post by chunk »

From IAH to SAT it was 50% if that but full on return. KL from IAH to AMS was about 95% I think and to ABZ it seemed full - but that flight usually is!

Avro

Post by Avro »

thx chunk

Comet

Post by Comet »

sn26567 wrote:The joys of flying in the US...

We are still lucky to be in Europe! (Is Scotland part of Europe? England does not seem to be! ;-) )

Thanks for excellent report, chunk.
The resident anti-Brit strikes again! Roll on the day when England can rule itself again, if that day ever comes.

Great report Chunk.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise