Fast track security at BRU for M&M FTL

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Deejay

Fast track security at BRU for M&M FTL

Post by Deejay »

Yesterday evening was again nightmare at security check at Brussels Airport.

Why is BRU the only airport in the Miles & More region (Germany, Austria, Switserland) where Silver members cannot use the fast track?

does somebody knows ?

In BRU, M&M Silver can access the lounge, but not use the fasttrack .... ? why ??

lumumba

Re: Fast track security at BRU for M&M FTL

Post by lumumba »

Deejay wrote: 25 Jun 2018, 11:13 Yesterday evening was again nightmare at security check at Brussels Airport.

Why is BRU the only airport in the Miles & More region (Germany, Austria, Switserland) where Silver members cannot use the fast track?

does somebody knows ?

In BRU, M&M Silver can access the lounge, but not use the fasttrack .... ? why ??
At Franfurt and Munich it's only gold that can use fast track and the lounges...
It's only in Brussels where silver can go to the lounges....!
Hasta la victoria siempre.

eurojet

Post by eurojet »

... Silver DO have lounge access in Frankfurt and Munich, as well in Zurich and Vienna ( I spend in one of the 4 at least twice a month). No fast track for Silver in any of these airports, so BRU is consistent with the rest. Zurich tend to be a bit flexible with Silver it seems for fast track and priority check in (just be kind and smile). In any other airport outside Star Alliance Hubs (Moscow, Amsterdam, etc ..) : no access for Silver ...

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

At BCN it is for sure only Gold.
Heck, you first have to find that Fast Track entrance (corridor on the left when facing the un welcoming screening area in T1).

At GVA it is only when flying Biz or Gold. Will check tomorrow if Silver is accepted but I don't think so.

True at BRU sometimes using the FL makes the difference between catching your flight or not.
Better not forget you are not eligible if you don't fly Star that day.

H.A.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

eurojet wrote: 25 Jun 2018, 13:37 ... Silver DO have lounge access in Frankfurt and Munich, as well in Zurich and Vienna ( I spend in one of the 4 at least twice a month). No fast track for Silver in any of these airports, so BRU is consistent with the rest. Zurich tend to be a bit flexible with Silver it seems for fast track and priority check in (just be kind and smile). In any other airport outside Star Alliance Hubs (Moscow, Amsterdam, etc ..) : no access for Silver ...
Apologies for my mistake I thought that the Senator lounges only accept gold cards.
And the only other lounge that I saw was the Hon or first class..but this is in the non Schengen part.

eurojet

Post by eurojet »

... FRA and MUC have 3 types of lounges, one for Frequent Traveller (so silver), one for Gold and Senator and one for Hon Circle .. For many reasons I avoid BRU to the maximum, so cannot fully judge the type of Star Alliance lounges they have, i was only once at the one that takes Frequent Traveller/Silver ones. Here in Lux the lounge lets you in with Frequent Traveller if your fly Luxair (M&M is the travel programme for Luxair), but if you are on a LH and LX operated flight you need Gold/Senator. Pretty confusing sometimes since you can fly to Vienna on a OS ticket but operated by Luxair, than you get in with FT/Silver.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

eurojet wrote: 25 Jun 2018, 15:55 ... FRA and MUC have 3 types of lounges, one for Frequent Traveller (so silver), one for Gold and Senator and one for Hon Circle .. For many reasons I avoid BRU to the maximum, so cannot fully judge the type of Star Alliance lounges they have, i was only once at the one that takes Frequent Traveller/Silver ones. Here in Lux the lounge lets you in with Frequent Traveller if your fly Luxair (M&M is the travel programme for Luxair), but if you are on a LH and LX operated flight you need Gold/Senator. Pretty confusing sometimes since you can fly to Vienna on a OS ticket but operated by Luxair, than you get in with FT/Silver.
But in the non Schengen area you only have the Senator ,Bussiness and First class (HON) lounges not the Frequent traveller...

Deejay

Post by Deejay »

not true...
security fast track is acessible for LH M&M silver in GVA, ZRH and VIE,
i use it several times a month ...

why not in BRU ?