Skytrax Audit

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
BATAVIA

Skytrax Audit

Post by BATAVIA »

Apparantly, TK withdraws from the yearly Skytrax audit.
As a 4 star airline, and having received many best award nominations recently, it surprises me.
Altough Skytrax is well known and respected in the airline industry, i have serious doubts about their rating scales.
Airlines like Royal Air Maroc got a 4 star ranking, while their service can hardly be compared with other 4 star rated company's.(RAM might deserve a 3 star)
As an example, If we are talking about Y or C class experience, or lounge quality, check in and boarding facilities,etc.. i doubt if 4 star rated airlines like KLM, Brussels Airlines, British Airways , Royal Air Maroc, Iberia,and others can compete with airlines in the same quality rating like Emirates, China Southern , Thai, ...
I recently flew a few 4 star rated airlines like KLM and Qantas, and believe me, it can not be compared with what you get while flying CZ or TG.
To conclude, TK is right to withdraw from this subjective audit, eventough they only deserve good 3+

sn26567

Re: Skytrax Audit

Post by sn26567 »

It has already been reported here that TK is fine when everything is happening according to schedule, but that their customer service is becoming abysmal when something goes wrong, whether it is weather-related delays, technical problems with aircraft, etc.

So, I do understand their decision to leave Skytrax (although travellers can probably continue to rate the airline: it seems difficult to prevent them from doing so!).

Another subjective rating at Skytrax is the five stars attributed to Lufthansa (and only Lufthansa in Europe). Carsten Spohr seems to have long arms!
André
ex Sabena #26567

JustPlanes

Post by JustPlanes »

To me Skytrax has lost any credibility by giving 5 starts to Lufthansa... They shot themselves in the foot...

quixoticguide

Post by quixoticguide »

Brussels Airlines is a 3 star Skytrax airline.

Other 3 star airlines are: easyJet, Ryanair and Wizzair
Visit my flights on: http://www.quixoticguide.com

Michaelcot

Skytrax Audit

Post by Michaelcot »

Certainly the books are cooked, and certainly an audit will reveal no irregularities, but it will entail some scrambling to make everything appear just so.