Any experience of EDI?

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Comet

Any experience of EDI?

Post by Comet »

We have our first flights from EDI (Edinburgh) in September. Does anyone have any recent experience of the airport? Is there any decent viewing in the departures area? Is it worth booking lounge access? I read reviews about EDI on review sights but they are not written with enthusiasts in mind and just moan about shop prices and things.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

sn26567

Re: Any experience of EDI?

Post by sn26567 »

My experience of EDI dates from Sabena times and is probably too old to be useful (I even flew there on an A321, which shows that the route was successful, probably with a lot of transfer passengers).
André
ex Sabena #26567

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

Traffic wise it's a busy airport with some transatlantic routes and the usual Emirates/Etihad/Qatar connections

airport wise it's an old airport like André says depending on the day the lounge could be very crowded too as BA flies their 767 there to shuttle between LHR and EDI (mainly they fly all LON airports)
Citybird
The flying dream

Comet

Post by Comet »

Thanks for the answers. Our flight is at 09:10 so we will be in the lounge early in the morning. A few reviews I've read say that GLA is better but last time we flew from GLA (albeit a few years ago) the place had gone downhill alot.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise