Disappointed by Turkish Business product and in general!!!

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
etopsflyers

Disappointed by Turkish Business product and in general!!!

Post by etopsflyers »

On the 3rd of may I travelled from Belgium to Turkey via Denmark.
I started my journey in Charleroi, Belgium on an uneventful Ryanair flight (Link in video description) to Copenhagen with a Boeing 737-800 uneventful flight, about 1 hour and on time.
I booked on Turkish from CPH to fly the Turkish Business class product on the Airbus A330 as they actualy fly 321's to Belgium.
My final destination being Ordu in northern Turkey I first had to fly to Ankara via Istanbul for a meeting then onwards with an other Turkish flight to Ordu.
My flight to istanbul as reviewed on the video was quiet a dissapointment as the ticket cost is about 1000€ both way and the product is not worth it.
Flight to Ankara was OK, crew was not happy with me filming due to company policy so did not film much..
In Ankara I learned that my flight to Ordu was cancelled due to fog at destination and was given a ticket to Samsun, 200km from Ordu free of charge with Anadolujet, a Turkish Airlines trademark but no help nor compensation to get to Ordu.
Overall I was disappointed having flown the 737 and 320 fleets in business class more than once with Turkish this ex jet airways 330 was no luck for a first time experience on the Turkish heavy fleet.
Food service and cabin crew moral was a lot better back in the days, I think they fly to the maximum duty limits thus get very tired.

sn26567

Re: Disappointed by Turkish Business product and in general!!!

Post by sn26567 »

Sorry to hear about your disappointing flights and lack of service with cancelled flights. Interesting for me to know, as I will be flying TK to Iran in October (A32S aircraft only).

Those restrictions on filming are typical of dictatorships. I'm surprised that TK has fallen so low...
André
ex Sabena #26567

Stij

Post by Stij »

It confirms a bit my experience: when it goes wrong... you're on your own...

Stij

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Thx for this report. But...nothing new for me! I no longer fly TK for a long time, for political reasons, state company of a fascist dictatorship and global absence of services. No after sales service especially! One point : not too bad food ! For me it's over !

dev7

Post by dev7 »

TK's food was excellent even in ecomony until 1-2 years ago. IIRC they stopped collaborating with Do&Co in favour of presumably a cheaper option.

b720

Post by b720 »

nordikcam wrote: 07 May 2018, 18:05 Thx for this report. But...nothing new for me! I no longer fly TK for a long time, for political reasons, state company of a fascist dictatorship and global absence of services. No after sales service especially! One point : not too bad food ! For me it's over !
Hope you are consistent though and do not fly EK, QR, EY.. owned by states that are not democratic thus dictatorships as well..

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

b720 wrote: 08 May 2018, 07:18
nordikcam wrote: 07 May 2018, 18:05 Thx for this report. But...nothing new for me! I no longer fly TK for a long time, for political reasons, state company of a fascist dictatorship and global absence of services. No after sales service especially! One point : not too bad food ! For me it's over !
Hope you are consistent though and do not fly EK, QR, EY.. owned by states that are not democratic thus dictatorships as well..
^

Exactly...for that reason ! To paraphrase Rabelais "journey without conscience is only ruin of the soul" 8-)

thalenoi

Post by thalenoi »

I flew TK BKK-IST-BRU and return in biz two weeks ago and am fairly satisfied.
I moved away from EY 5 years ago and now from QR.
Although I consider QR to be the best re hard product they have been going down hill steadily over the last two years, cost cutting and cost cutting and cost cutting.
I had to cancel a double ticket due to a visa issue (a pre-paid car rental for the same trip was reimbursed within 3 days with just one cancel instruction) The QR cancel/reimbursement took about 3 months and many mails with many blablabla such as "we transferred your request to the appropriate dept".

If I gave QR 5* TK deserves 4*.
It is a different experience and I don't like the 2/2/2 seat config, but nowadays that's what you get with QR also B777/300 to BRU and BKK.
Price wise I bought two 2018 returns with TK at 1500€ each whilst today's price for my next TK trip would cost me 2900+€ with QR.

Dinner with TK takes a long time passing by with appetizer and dessert trolley, positive part is all the choices you get, they serve soup also with the appetizer. Food was excellent though.
Then you have the turn down service and the excellent sleeping cover, before take off you find a blanket which remained in the plastic protection, not sure you could take that home?

Then you have IST CIP lounge, a unique2 floors lounge really: drink islands everywhere and an olive bar....a kitchen serving different food over the course of the day. A pool table, movie theatre, racing track.Overcrowded at heavy hours. The QR Doha Al Mourjan biz lounge compares to huge but a sterile hospital.

And finally I prefer the 9/10 hours flight IST-BKK and the 3.5h BRU-IST over 2x6.x with ME airlines.
You also get 2x decent food plus the CIP lounge distraction.