Continental Airlines YYC - IAH on a 737-700

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
chunk

Continental Airlines YYC - IAH on a 737-700

Post by chunk »

Hi

Another quickie 'cos I am supposed to be here working.

Flew yesterday from Calgary to Houston on a Continental 737-700.

Everything was on time - left at 1pm and arrived in Houston on schedule at 1800. Been on longish domestic flights with CO before so knew what to expect and got exactly that. They actually served a lunch in Economy which was ok - a fajita wrap, carrots, chips and brownie. Soft drinks readily available but as usual a beer cost $5. I ain;t paying $5 for american beer!!! 50 cents maybe.

Actually showed a movie - the Stepford wives - but charged $5 for the headsets. Having only been able to sit through 20 minutes of that movie before giving up (it was dreadful) on NW to Detroit I decided to skip it and watched Still Game on my laptop (funniest show ever - if you aren't Scottish you'll struggle to get it though!).

Landed on a distant runway at Houston - took an age to get to the gate. Luggage took a long time as well....busy aiport at a busy time I guess.

Overall - not a bad flight- a few bumps but generally fine. Prefer the A320 to 73's though to be honest....just seem more comforatble....

Avro

Post by Avro »

Thanks for the feedback Chunk.

Chris

sn26567

Re: CO YYC - IAH

Post by sn26567 »

Thanks for report of leg 2. Awaiting the next episodes with interest...
chunk wrote:Prefer the A320 to 73's though to be honest....just seem more comforatble....
They ARE more comfortable, look at the dimensions: the A32S is wider than the B737.

Was the CO73G equipped with winglets?

I agee with ouy on American beer: $5 for a Bud (brewed with rice instead of malt) is a shame.
André
ex Sabena #26567

chunk

Post by chunk »

I was sat on the wing so no there were no winglets! You couldn't even get Bud mate.....bud lite, miller lite and vaious other cans of cat p*ss only!