Etihad regional / Darwin SAAB2000 ZRH-GVA

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
CTBke

Etihad regional / Darwin SAAB2000 ZRH-GVA

Post by CTBke »

Flight: F7 843
Date : 02 AUG 2017
Aircraft: SAAB 2000 HB-IZH
From-To: Zurich Kloten - Geneva Cointrin (ZRH-GVA)
Seat: 02E
Scheduled/Effective Time of Departure: 15:25/16:28
Scheduled/Effective Time of Arrival: 16:15/16:59
Scheduled/Effective Duration of the flight:0hr50min/0hr31min

As a very last minute trip I've booked this Zurich-Geneva flight on the Etihad Regional SAAB (while it was already transforming into Adria Switzerland). Booked the ticket 2 days in advance and paid 56 euro for this 30mins flight. It didn't operate every day and came already from an Italian destination as it was for deportee reasons. Once arrived in Zurich headed to check in as I couldn't use the online check-in. Surprisingly I had number 001 as sequence which I never had before. When I arrived at the gate it became clear that there were only 2 passengers on this flight. And surprisingly the gate agent knew my name as the other passenger boarded already.

The bus was already waiting to bring the other passenger and myself to the aircraft which was parked on remote.

overview of the very spacious and empty cabin

Greeted by the very friendly sole female flight attendant wearing the Etihad uniform with the hat as they do on the big bird. As from there things became slow, as they changed from Etihad Regional into Adria Switzerland and thus didn't have a contract or a different contract with fuel the captain had to call Slovenia to solve this. Despite the very hot temperatures outside (+30°) it stayed cool inside. The FA asked us if we wanted to drink something during the waiting time.

During the waiting time she took her time to talk to the few passengers on board (already 5 in the back from the previous stretch and 2 in the front). She explained that this was one of the last flight with the Etihad Regional branding as it was due to be changed into Adria Switzerland. All boarding announcements however were already Adria Switzerland and no more EY while the hard product was still EY branded. About one hour after the original departure time the fuel truck finally arrived and doors were being closed for a short flight to Geneva.

one of the last RJ100's

After TO she did came around a second time for another inflight service consisting out of drinks hot and cold and snacks. When I asked her if she did have any Etihad Regional goodies left she said they didn't have much on the plane anymore to make the transition easier but she did looked for a few items which I could take with me .

After 30mins flight the plane touched down in Geneva with a delay of approximately 45 minutes which she apologized for again during disembarkation while it wasn't her fault, it was just miscommunication between Adria Switzerland and the fueling company in Zurich.

Overall this flight got a 5/5 as the crew really looked after the passengers really well, the captain also explained why it took so long by explaining about the transition into Adria Switzerland. The delay was out of their control but they did kept us updated about the progress and anticipated immediately by passing around with drinks, snacks, or just a chat as delays are no fun for anyone. They (cabin and cockpit crew) were available at all times for the passengers and were not hidden away behind a bulkhead or in the flight deck which makes a huge difference
Citybird
The flying dream

sn26567

Re: Etihad regional / Darwin SAAB2000 ZRH-GVA

Post by sn26567 »

Another nice (and unusual) report. Seven pax is everyone's dream (except for the airline's accountant).

I wouldn't give 5/5 because of the delay: the fuel thing should have been sorted out well before the flight. But the 5/5 is justified for the crew's attitude.

Nice upholstery, by the way!
André
ex Sabena #26567

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

sn26567 wrote: 23 Nov 2017, 15:32 Another nice (and unusual) report. Seven pax is everyone's dream (except for the airline's accountant).

I wouldn't give 5/5 because of the delay: the fuel thing should have been sorted out well before the flight. But the 5/5 is justified for the crew's attitude.

Nice upholstery, by the way!
true, but the way how they looked after the passengers really made you forget the flight was actually delayed ... the one hour waiting time went pretty fast ... so if it's only for punctuality it's a 3/5 but there's so much more that brings out a positive score (crew, cabin, on board experience on the short flight)
Citybird
The flying dream

MSS658

Post by MSS658 »

Another good report!

what goes for the score:
Delays can happen at each airline for whatever reason! Where an airline can make a difference is how they handle the delay! In this case a 5/5 worthy :)