SK 593 CPH - BRU with pic's

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
B737229

SK 593 CPH - BRU with pic's

Post by B737229 »

SK593 CPH - BRU
MD90 LN-ROB

Yesterday I came back from CPH, the story and some pics attached
After having to queue for about 30' it was my tturn to check in. Very effeicient staff gave me seat 11F on the MD90, which was operatin this flight. After the check in trough to the security check, into the main terminal.
The main terminal has several lounges from where the aircraft can easily been seen.

The long check in had taken up all my free time, so it was a rush to gate A21, located at the other side of the airport. At the gate SAS MD90 LN-ROB was being boarded.

The plane was for 50% full, with ony 2 people in C class.

cabin seen from row 32F, on the flight from BRU->CPH

After engine startup, and taxi to 22R, there was a 10' wait at the holding due to 'traffic at bru'

SNBA RJ100 joinig race to BRU - think you cant beat an MD90

After 10' we took off, with an amazingly quiet but powerfull takeoff, which must be typical for an MD90.

Takeoff with Copenhagen city in background

Routing was Copenhagen - German border - Groningen - Amsterdam - Breda - Brussels

Some onroute pics:
Waddeneilanden

Afsluitdijk

Amsterdam

Service onboard was good, with a simple, but wel desserved breakfast. (Cheese roll, koffee, orange juice and yoghurt)

When arriving abeam amsterdam the aircraft started the descent into BRU , and flew direction Breda, with a R turn to woensdrecht, L to fly over the port of Antwerp, and on overhead EBBR.

EBBR

when flying over head EBBR i realised that this was noot the standard procedure, but the aircraft continued on to Leuven , then to Lummen, and with a L turn direction Mechelen again, to start the ILS approach on RWY20

Hostade lake seen on final
nobody at the beach today!

And the Castle of Perk, on short final

Overhead the threshold RWY 20

to arrive at the gate at about 11AM local

The flight was marvellous, good service, and a great aircraft the MD90!

Only negative point was the dirty window I sat at :) see pictures

Hope you enjoy
Last edited by B737229 on 12 Sep 2004, 16:36, edited 2 times in total.

Vonsmalhausen

Post by Vonsmalhausen »

nice way to make a pic of the An 124 :lol:
looks like you had a good flight with marvelous weather :)
but they could have cleaned the window :cry:

luchtzak

Re: SK 593 CPH - BRU with pic's

Post by luchtzak »

B737229 wrote:Hostade lake seen on final
nobody at the beach today!
I like this picture, right from the Hofstade-lakes across the railway track is where I live! Another building that I recognize is the indoor swimming pool and the sport hall.

liebensd

Post by liebensd »

Btw, the Airbus A330-222 on the first photo is probably Air Greenland OY-GRN. This is former Sabena OO-SFP.

Greetz,

Dave

Stoney

Post by Stoney »

For some strange reason I can't see the pictures, probably has something to do with the crappy chinese provider I am surfing with... Would have loved to see the picture of Hofstade lake... Will have to wait until I get home...

liebensd

Post by liebensd »

Stoney,

Try maybe the link http://img78.exs.cx/img78/487/hofstade1.jpg

Greetz,

Dave

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

Thanks for sharing your report with us B737229. It must be really nice to fly the MD-90.

I really like the picture of the AN124, as well as the aerial picture of EBBR (the others are fine too off course). Have you already made Bart happy with a picture of the in-flight meal?

Regards, Robin Bamps.

B737229

Post by B737229 »

@ Liebensd : It was OY-GRN

@luchtzak : http://img78.exs.cx/img78/1260/hostade.jpg give you the same picture in high res

@ Robin : yes it was a great experience fying the MD90 very powerfull, quiet, and a very impressive rate of climb

Forgot the pict of the meal! :oops:

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Thanks for the great report!

The loadfactor doesn't really surprise me...

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

gliding-glider

Post by gliding-glider »

Sabena_690 wrote:Thanks for the great report!

The loadfactor doesn't really surprise me...

Frederic
Why doesn't it surprise you ?? I'm intrested to have your thougths.

Greetz,

MKAirlines

Post by MKAirlines »

thnx for the very nice report :D

B737229

Post by B737229 »

gliding-glider wrote: Why doesn't it surprise you ?? I'm intrested to have your thougths.
Dont forget that the route from BRU - > CPH is flown by 4 different companies, SNBA, Virgin, SAS and Maersk. There are a total of 11 flights a day to CPH :!:
People often opt for the low cost carriers like Maersk or Vex, making SAS and SNBA losing in the game.

gliding-glider

Post by gliding-glider »

Dont forget that the route from BRU - > CPH is flown by 4 different companies, SNBA, Virgin, SAS and Maersk. There are a total of 11 flights a day to CPH :!:
People often opt for the low cost carriers like Maersk or Vex, making SAS and SNBA losing in the game.
Might be a correct statement. Fully agree 8)

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Indeed, B737329 said it all...

Too many flights, too many competition.

I often check a GDS like Galileo, and availability one day before departure is mostly quite big.

Also the equipment used by SK: MD80's and MD90's on the CPH flight (with from time to time a DHC8 or B736) is too big IMO.

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

Thanks for the good report and the unusual pic!

Regards

BeN :idea:

OO-VEX

Post by OO-VEX »

B737229 wrote: Dont forget that the route from BRU - > CPH is flown by 4 different companies, SNBA, Virgin, SAS and Maersk. There are a total of 11 flights a day to CPH :!:
Virgin Express doesn't fly to CPH :!:
They are code-sharing with SN Brussels Airlines as they wanted to use there Boeings on routes to the Mediterranean region.

OO-VEX

waldova

Post by waldova »

B737229 wrote:
when flying over head EBBR i realised that this was noot the standard procedure, but the aircraft continued on to Leuven , then to Lummen, and with a L turn direction Mechelen again, to start the ILS approach on RWY20
Well, coming back with Vueling from VLC-BRU we also flew over EBBR parallel to 25R/L. This gives ofcourse a magnificent view of the airport. I guess this is a standard procedure for landing on the 20 as we did too just like you.

Avro

Post by Avro »

Thanks for this great report B737229. I really like the picture of the AN124 at BRU, it seems you have been able to shoot it from the best angle :P
Well, coming back with Vueling from VLC-BRU we also flew over EBBR parallel to 25R/L. This gives ofcourse a magnificent view of the airport. I guess this is a standard procedure for landing on the 20 as we did too just like you.
Not only for rnwy 20. When landing on rnwy 02 many if nott all planes pass over BUB and the airport before turning to the left in the queue for landing

Chris
8)

waldova

Post by waldova »

B737229 wrote:SK593 CPH - BRU

SNBA RJ100 joinig race to BRU - think you cant beat an MD90
Who won the race? SN or SAS?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Very nice, B737229! I liked the pic of Brussels Airport. I had once a similar route above the airport, but with landing on 02, not 20.

Two pax in C class? Not surprised, after SAS announced their new future price and class structure...
André
ex Sabena #26567