Brussels-Amsterdam with KLC, August 16

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
MD-11

Brussels-Amsterdam with KLC, August 16

Post by MD-11 »

Our flight was scheduled at 12:05 with a F70.
We were picked up by bus on the ground floor of the A pier.
And no, I didn't see Bob Claes :wink:
Flight was delayed because of plane change.
Turned out it wasn't a F70 as foreseen but a F50, therefore crews had to be changed too.
PH-KVF at schiphol
The flight was completely full.
We sat in seats 10D and F.
Take-off was from RWY 02 at around 13 o' clock.
We got a drink a cookie and after some 30 minutes we approacged AMS.
We landed on the new 5th RWY ( 18R I guess ) and therefore had to taxi some 20 minute to the remote stand.
From there with the bus to the terminal and from there a "sprint" ( it was already 13u50 ) to gate D53 for our connecting flight to Aruba.
ETD 14:25
We made it but our suitcase would spend the night at AMS :(
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Nice illustrated report, MD-11.

And so you got to sample the F50 as well...

Pity it almost made you miss your connection!
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

That must have been really gross to almost miss your connection like that! But great to fly in the Fokker 50, I just love them and would love the chance to fly in another one.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

nwa757

Post by nwa757 »

Again a great report! You are lcky to fly in a F-50! I have never flown in a turboprop airliner before. I have been in a few piston planes (C-172 and a Pitts) but I have never flown in a turboprop (probably because they don't fly turboprops to Green Bay, and when they did, NW flew here with DC-9s so we always took that.)

Regards,
Trevor
Onward and Upward...

chunk

Post by chunk »

I have been on the F-50 a few times when Air UK / KLM uk were doing the Aberdeen to Stavanger run a few years ago. Must say it wasn;t too bad for a prop and certainly way better than the Dash 8 Wideroe use on the route now....don;t kike that at all....