FR 4522 CRL-BGY Charleroi - Bergamo 10/08/2004

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
OO-SBZ

FR 4522 CRL-BGY Charleroi - Bergamo 10/08/2004

Post by OO-SBZ »

As some of you probably remember my first Charleroi-Bergamo experience went wrong: the morning flight was cancelled and I had to wait for the next (i.e. evening) one. As a result my short city-trip was even shorter : I had some time to visit Milan but not Bergamo.

Yet I decided to re-book a flight to this destination and discover the nice Italian town.

On 10 Augustus I arrived at Charleroi Airport, could park my car in the underground parking facility and rushed to the check-in desk.

Altough I was there very early there was already a queue, due to the snail-like attitude of the staff… and many people with heavy luggage. When I got my boarding card I could notice the Belgian airport had changed its boarding card. They don't use a kind of home-made (or home-Xeroxed) pieces of paper with no name…

After the usual security screening performed by the dull and unattentive staff CRL-staff, I went to the waiting room and could spot a Ryanair Boeing 737-800 on the apron.

The CRL-based bird (EI-CTB) was already fully loaded and ready to depart to Rome. A Ford-van still sporting Sabena titles was parked close to the aircraft... Strange picture :cry:

larger pic

Thanks Mr Ryanair for the schedule-change! Last time this flight departed early in the morning… and I could not see its plane

At around eight o'clock, I could see EI-CSW arriving from Gerona. As some of its siblblings the Boeing sports special titles… promoting "Costa Brava - Pirineu de Gerona" next to its Irish registration. At the time the bird was based at the Gerona-hub and about to fly to that Spanish resort!

Note to Mr Ryanair: Why don't you dedicate a brand new 737-800 to Brussels South? :twisted:

Five minutes later, EI-CSA landed "ahead of schedule" :wink: , in Ryanair terminology. As a result the carrier's "oldest" 737NG was to fly me to Italy.

Boarding was rather quick and the plane was in a better condition than expected. I remember flying twin EI-CSC and the interior was not as clean / fresh as this one.

We had to wait before taking off and could see the Boeing 737-200 of the Dublin flight landing.

Loadfactor was about 60-70% and I was surprised to notice some members of the cabin crew were smiling… and had a chat with the passengers.

Note to Mr Ryanair: This is a nice move from the crew. Please teach all of them to smile…

As usual I could get one of my beloved "emergency exit" seats…

Their colleague from the flightdeck were not as talkative: the captain gave his Italian-sounding name, wished us a good flight but did not provide us with useful information on the route. :roll:

Note to Mr Ryanair: All your pilots should copy the Irish or Belgian pilots who kindly give the itinerary, the names of the first officer and the flight attendants (but not their contact address yet :wink: ), the flying time, etc.

larger view

ImageImage
larger view

This picture does not really match with what I could see: the head-rest covers have indeed been replaced by a new type, featuring advertising for a famous chocolate candy-bar (see right pictures)

The flight was uneventful, I could see the snowy Alpes and we started our descent at least 35 minutes before the scheduled landing-time. Just after landing ("25 minutes ahead of schedule" as a purser proudly announced :wink: ). I could see some – stanger to me – planes: a grounded Gandalf Dornier 328, YR-SEE (?) a Carpatair Saab 2000 (the first of the type I've ever seen so far!), an unidentified SkyEurope Embraer and the usual DHL-freighter which was taking a rest before its night shift.

Regards

BeN :idea:

Note: the pics are not mine but selected from a data base so that we can share what I saw. I took some pictures but I don't have a digital camera and I am still looking for a reliable slides-scanner.

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

good report!

Comet

Post by Comet »

If you want a good slide scanner, the Epson Perfection 1260 is worth a look, I have one and I have scanned loads of slides for the city guides on this site.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Thanks for your very funny report, OO-SBZ. As usual, I would say!

Please note that JetPhotos does not allow links to its pictures: nothing shows but a logo! please replace image by URL
André
ex Sabena #26567

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

Thanks for your kind words

I have just realized I forgot to tell you about another bird a could see on CRL-apron: a Boeing 737-300 operating the Air Polonia flight. As I my 738 was waiting its clearance on the runway, I could not get the registration but I am sure it was a -300 not a -400.

Unfortunately, she did not look as colourful as the -400s of the same carrier.

Regards

A318

Post by A318 »

Nice report Ben and exactly as Ryanair wants to see it, a bus but then flying.

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

danieln

Post by danieln »

Thanks for this nice report BeN! I hope you managed to visit Bergamo this time, as it is a really attractive city!

What were your experiences for the return flight? I have the impression that the boarding procedures at BGY airport are most of the time rather chaotic!

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

danieln wrote:Thanks for this nice report BeN! I hope you managed to visit Bergamo this time, as it is a really attractive city!

What were your experiences for the return flight? I have the impression that the boarding procedures at BGY airport are most of the time rather chaotic!
I could visit Bergamo and it is worth a stay!
I am to give further details in the city-guide section of this site.

As far as the return flight is concern, more details will follow in another topic as soon as I manage to find some spare time :wink:

Regards

Avro

Post by Avro »

Thanks for this nice report BeN.

I hope for ou that Mr Ruanair will listen to your requests for your next trip ;)

Chris

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

Avro wrote:Thanks for this nice report BeN.

I hope for ou that Mr Ruanair will listen to your requests for your next trip ;)

Chris
Thanks for your kind words...

Let's hope "he" reads our reports :wink:

Regards