flight report Chania on TUB

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
moons

flight report Chania on TUB

Post by moons »

Ladies and gentlemen,

Finally I can present to you my flight report of the 2 flights I made.
My apologise for the bad quality of the pictures, I don't have a digital camera yet and I not a photographer. :oops:
Fasten your seatbelt and relax...

EBBR-Chania

TUB 2125
departing 0720 02 AUG
gate A70

Very early in the morning I got up at around 4.15h. Didn't sleep very well because of the heat and the musquitos in my room. My aunt would bring us to the airport and she stood at 5 o'clock at our door, right on schedule (she is a bussineswoman). Me and my mum were ready to go...except my father. Always too late!! :evil: First breakfast, then coffee, then toilet...maybe you recognise someone in it?! So finally at 5.20 we left for the airport.
Check in for TUB 2125 was at 5.50 and we were there at 6.10, we were the latest in cue. The result: seats 14c, 19c and 20c. All apart and I didn't get my window seat! Thx dad!! :twisted: Because of his lazy ass I didn't have the time to search for Airliner World, thx again (at chania it cost 9 euros!)
Boarding began at 6.50 so we hurried to gate 70 A at the end of Pier A. At around 7.22 we were cleared for push-back. At 7.25 engine start-up and we were taxiing to runway 02. I couldn't see much because I didn't sit by the window but there was also a lot of fog. Visibility range of 200-300 metres I think. Later that day it would be 30 degrees in Belgium, hotter as my destination! :)
We taxied via the temporary tower then passed apron 2 North and South. Turned between inner 9 and 10 I think, passed a SNBA Avro 156. Than waited a few minutes for an Airbus op TAP Portugal. At approximately 7.42 we lined up and 2 minutes later our 737-800 applied full throttle for take-off roll. We started climbing and than turned right and some moments later to the left. About 20 minutes later we leveled off. During the flight we passed Luxemburgh, Split, Dubrovnik, Tirana, Athens and Milos. Cruising at FL 370, 920 km/h and outside temperature of -55 C°.
After 1 hour of flight we got our meal, small breakfast. A croissant, a pistolet and a yoghurt. Sorry to say but it was the worst meal I've ever had on a plane! :x So poor...my croissant was still half frozen. To mention the inflight service...I've had my meal and a candy before landing. The cabin crew wasn't really friendly in my opinion. Maybe they slept not well that night, but that's still no reason to hide your smile.
So the service wasn't great. The only positive thing I can mention are the nice leather seats.
We began descent after 2.5 h of flight. But it wasn't so smooth like always.
Apart from some light turbulence the pilot's descent was a little bit "rough". It's difficult to describe... The nose was down and he used the speedbrakes to reduce speed.But it felt very weird that moment, as if the blood was going to your head or away from it. The feeling was stronger then all other descents I've made. Some G-forces maybe :?:
Than I saw the airport at the right side and we turned into the runway heading for final approach. Flaps fully extended, gear down and some small corrections made the plane landing very smoothly at Souda at 11.35 local time.
25 minutes delay, 2.53 hours of flight...we made up around 10 minutes I think.
While waiting in the bus of the tour operator I was six f-16's after take-off. Not rare because Souda is also a military base, located on the West side of the airport. During my holiday I saw all air traffic because the hotel was about 7 km of the airport, at the other side of Chania Bay.
Hellenic air force was very active, all day long.

http://coppermine.luchtzak.be/displayim ... ?pos=-3164

http://coppermine.luchtzak.be/displayim ... ?pos=-3165

http://coppermine.luchtzak.be/displayim ... ?pos=-3166

Chania- EBBR
TUB 8516
departing 11.40 13 AUG
gate 4

Flight back to the heart of Europe: Brussels! :D
Our flight TUB 8516 departing from Chania was scheduled at 11.40 local time. At the airport more security as 2 years ago due to the Olympic games.
At around 11.25 boarding could start, so we hopped on the bus which brought us to our plane: 737-400 called Passion (00-TUA).
As we passed the last control before we headed to the bus someone of the ground staff took our tickets and changed row 26 into row 8 (A,B,C). I don't know why. One reason I can find is the very corpulent lady, she needed at least 2 seats I think. Maybe they gave her a seat(s) in the back. I took place in my seat 8A next to the engine. At 11.45 engine start-up. I saw a Transavia 737, an A 321 of SAS and of Novair, MD-88 of SAS and a 737 of Fischer Air (flew over our bus just before landing when we drove to the airport). Than at 11.55 we were airborne and turned left heading to Greece for 3.20h of flight. Twenty minutes later we reached Greece and passed Pireus. We flew near the coastline of the Balcan and after 2h of flight we flew over Venice. Nice view! I also saw the airport and 2 min later another airport. At that moment we flew at FL 320 with a speed of 753 km/h.
We got our lunch at that moment...Macaroni, a pistolet and vegetables in a cup. As desert a small cake. The crew was also nicer, especially the Senior Chief Cabine (is it called like that?).
Then we we flew trough a part of Austria, not far from Innsbruck. Nice mountains and lakes, I also saw a very nice gletsjer. When reaching Germany it got cloudier every minute. Bad weather at Rhein. So we could expect the same weather at Brussels.
After 3h of flight we started to descent. Very cloudy and a bit of turbulence. On final approach also rain. I think we also had some light crosswind but the plane landed smoothly on runway 25L at 2.15.
We taxied to Pier A and docked at gate... I didn't pay attention because a MD11 of Eva Air was taxiing just before us and at Melsbroek stood a C17 Globemaster. At BruCargo stood a SQ 744.
In my opinion this flight was better as the previous...
Better seat (by the window), better food and better crew!

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Thanks for excellent report, moons. But tell me, what was the SN Avro 156 you saw in Brussels at departure? A new type of plane? ;-)
André
ex Sabena #26567

moons

Post by moons »

oooww :lol:
well I've had a long night and I'm still tired so I start to fantasise when writing something :D

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

nice report.

My experience with TUB however was way better then your first flight! This prooves once again that a single bad report doesnt mean a bad airline or cabin crew :D
Matthias Thoen
MicroWings - Aviation Hobby Store

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

Well the things you experienced on your flight to Chania are very similar to my experience with Citybird 3 years ago also on the chania flight. Maybe those problems are a typpical problem on those flights? anyway a great report!

Avro

Post by Avro »

Thanks for writing this nice flight report moons.

Chris

Comet

Post by Comet »

This is my second attempt to write a comment on this report!

Great report Moons, and very detailed. Brought back some memories for me when you described what you had flown over and seen.

And the comments about your Dad made me :lol: , I hope you managed to get your copy of Airliner World (and that reminds me that I haven't got mine yet :( )
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

moons

Post by moons »

thx for the reactions guys ! :)

Comet, I don't have my Airliner World yet. :(
In my village they don't have it so I have to wait untill I get in the nearby city.

greetz

VC10

Post by VC10 »

What a brilliant report Moons, so detailed and with a nice touch of humour. :lol: :lol:

And doesn't your dad come in for some hammer!! :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink:
The Voice of Freedom will never be silenced.

Trisha