Trip report at airliners.net forum: some questions

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
blackhawk

Trip report at airliners.net forum: some questions

Post by blackhawk »

Trip report coming from airliners.net:
Topic: BRU - MAD In SN
Send an instant message to . This is First Class Member benefit. Suggest Deletion User Profile Add To Resp. Users
Username: Fokker50
From Colombia, joined Jun 2004, 198 posts, RR: 1
Posted Thu Aug 19 2004 04:17:06 UTC+1 and read 101 times.

Hi everyone, this time my adventure is in SN. We arrived in BRU at 3:20 to our flight to MAD. This time the a/c was an RJ 100. We boarded the plane at 4:30pm, and the plane taked off at 4:41pm.
When the in-flight service began, they offered me a sandwich, for my taste the ugliest sandwich ever in my live. This was with a Pepsi.
For me, the worst flight ever. This had no, TV's, no audio entertainment, and no blankets, no pillows, only a boring in-flight magazine.
When we arrived to MAD, our bags were the lasts ones, also bad for my experience in this airline.
In conlcusion, this was the worst flight EVER, without nothing.

Fokker50
Is it normal that he's complaining of having no blankets, pilows, ... during a short European flight? I mean is this kind of service this person wants still standard?
Last edited by blackhawk on 19 Aug 2004, 10:24, edited 1 time in total.

sn26567

Re: Trip report at airlines forum: some questions

Post by sn26567 »

blackhawk wrote:Is it normal that he's complaining of having no blankets, pilows, ... during a short European flight?
Well, when you come exhausted from a long transatlantic flight (Colombia), you want to sleep, even on a short flight. But there are pillows on SN (I'm not sure about blankets) !

And Madrid is not that short: more than 2 hrs. Enough time to take a nap.

According to SN standards he should have received a hot meal, not a sandwich. Furthermore, if I remember correctly, SN serves Coke, not Pepsi.

I could have replied all this on A.net if it was not so expensive to register.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Avro

Post by Avro »

Since this person is Columbian, I suppose it is used to fly more in America than in Europe. Hence it's normal that he/she is not happy due to the fact that there is no TV and no audio system. In Europe the airlines are more oriented around the food while in the US it's more around the TV, games, and Audio.

But I'm really surprised, like you André, to see that he/she only got a sandwich and not a warm meal.

About the pilows and blankets, I'm not sure whether you can get some blanckets in economy :roll:
I could have replied all this on A.net if it was not so expensive to register.
I totally agree on that

Greetz
Chris

chunk

Post by chunk »

In my experience of North American flights you would be lucky to get a bag of stale pretzels on a trip of two hours (except on Mexicana or AeroMexico) so not sure what gives here. South America not sure - only flown to S.America nd it was KLM.
I've done 4hour trips from IAH to SFO on Continental and well....it was a meatloaf sandwich. It was unique - I'll give them that.

As for airliners...I dunno...I would join but some of the people on there are so biased / bigoted / bitchy / plain ignorant that I would get thrown off for retaliating. This place is far more civilised.....and cheaper!

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

chunk wrote:This place is far more civilised.....and cheaper!
Thanks for that, chunk. We'll try to keep it that way!
André
ex Sabena #26567

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

I replied already before I saw this topic.

That trip report must be a joke...

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

Avro

Post by Avro »

Sabena_690 wrote: That trip report must be a joke...
Thaty's what I was also thinking after eading it for the third time.
sn26567 wrote:I could have replied all this on A.net if it was not so expensive to register.
As I saw on A.net you have were able to collect enough money to register on their forums ;)

Chris

Jense

Post by Jense »

That trip must be a joke
Wake-up, should I say... :!: :?

I don't think SN is perfect, like nothing/nobody is. Why always pray SN? SN ti, SN ta. Ok, they look good, but I don't think that they never make a mistake...

Btw, if only one customer of them has such an experience; who cares?

greettzzz

Avro

Post by Avro »

I don't think this is what Fred wanted to point out Jense.

I agree with you that SN is not perfect and that they still have a lot of work to do to become a well respected airline, but regardless the airline I still think this is kind of a joke.

Chris

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

@Jense: of course SN isn't perfect, and nobody claims (at least in this topic) that SN is perfect.

But this is not the problem.

Let me answer you with a question: do you find it normal that, on a short flight, a passenger does not only expect that his bags are not the last ones coming of the belt, that TV and audio equipment must be put in a regional plane, and that for this short flight blankets and pillows must be provided?!

That's a total joke, point. If he wants all the amenities he missed on SN, he has to buy his own Boeing BBJ or Airbus CJ.

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

L-1011

Post by L-1011 »

Sabena_690 wrote: If he wants all the amenities he missed on SN, he has to buy his own Boeing BBJ or Airbus CJ.
mmmhhhhh, that gives me an idea. Couldn't we all buy a "LUCHTZAK" BBJ/CJ , so we can fly business class to all our spotting trips :D :wink: :D

Seriously though I think this guy just doesn't like SN and uses the A.net forum to express this .....

And if his story is true, then he should have asked for the balnket and pillow, and they would have given it to him if they had them (I somehow have the feeling he did not ask..)

ciao,

TriStar :wink:

OO-VEX

Post by OO-VEX »

After checking the biac timetables for the BRU-MAD flights, i have serious doubts that this is a fake report.

The A.net member said he arrived at the airport at 3:20pm and boarded at 4:30pm.

In the afternoon SN only operates 2 flights to MAD, at 2:40pm and 6:40pm.
So that person could not have been onboard of one of these flights :!:

OO-VEX

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Other reasons to believe it is a fake report is that SN serves hot meals, not sandwiches, and Coke, not Pepsi, on the Madrid flights.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Avro

Post by Avro »

Somebody will have to tell him that in the A.net topic. I would really would really want to see his reaction ?

Chris

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Avro wrote:Somebody will have to tell him that in the A.net topic.
I finally decided to take the step. I paid my membership to A.net and replied directly.
André
ex Sabena #26567

chunk

Post by chunk »

I'll bet you 2 cents that the person that submitted it will be moratlly offended and will start sending insults across the water about how airbus is subsidised and how the 7e7 is going to be able to go round the world 6 times without stopping on one litre of unleaded petrol.Cynical...me? Never!

nldogbert

Post by nldogbert »

hi all!

this is actually my first post since joining.. anyway, back to the issue here, yes, I did read his report too on airliners.net, and I just could not believe my eyes when I read it.... I do really doubt that he ever flew on that segment :roll:

I have a quite a number of flights with SN (though not lately), and I have never experienced such service.. in fact up till now, I still find SN to be one of the best European airlines around in this time of difficulties..

As a matter of fact, I think he should be grateful that he is getting something as much as a sandwich for his flight.. cause even if he is a frequent user of US carriers, he will know that he gets pretzels (if he is lucky) and that's all for flights with the same distance as BRU-MAD. As for pillows and blankets.. yes, I know that they are available if you ask kindly for it.. so, most probably he would have just kept his mouth "zipped" the whole time.. waiting instead to be asked. Even on US carriers, if you want these amenities, you would have to either ask for it or get it yourself in the overhead bins..

I would have gladly reply his report.. (which I though was terribly written), but since I am a "silent" member of A.net, I could not..

Anyway, just my €0.20 :wink:

Have a great day everyone!