KLM Airmiles

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
B744skipper

KLM Airmiles

Post by B744skipper »

Since my summer holiday is ending on 30 of August, I want to fly somewhere in Europe just for fun as an "afsluiting/closing" using my moms airmiles.
I have listed the possibilities and prices below(Round Trip/I am not trying to advertise something, I only want to list my possibilities :oops: ). My budget, which can be spended on the trip, is about 125 Euro's.
First the route is displayed and then the miles and at last the price in Euro's. Note: The prices don't include the taxes.
So has anyone a good idea where I could fly to in the morning, then have a nice spotting day (even when it would only be an hour), and flying back in the evening? (I read in a other topic that DUS has a good spotting terrace/LHR is less desirable because I already flew to LHR with KLM and did some spotting there, maybe it is possible to meet some of you and spot together?)
And the most important question for me is, how much are the taxes and stuff that also add up to the price?

Thank you in advance,

Fabian.

Van Naar Miles & Money p.p.

Amsterdam Schiphol Barcelona 5000 62

Amsterdam Schiphol Brussels 5000 57

Amsterdam Schiphol Cologne - Metropolitan Area 5000 76

Amsterdam Schiphol Dusseldorf - Metropolitan Area 5000 76

Amsterdam Schiphol Eindhoven - Welschap 5000 57

Amsterdam Schiphol Geneve Cointrin 5000 62

Amsterdam Schiphol London - City Stolport 5000 42

Amsterdam Schiphol London - Heathrow 5000 42

Amsterdam Schiphol Luxembourg - Findel 5000 57

Amsterdam Schiphol Maastrichtaachen Apt 5000 57

Amsterdam Schiphol Milaan - Linate 5000 62

Amsterdam Schiphol Milaan - Malpensa 5000 62

Amsterdam Schiphol Nice - Cote D'Azur 5000 77

Amsterdam Schiphol Parijs - Ch. De Gaulle 5000 62

Rotterdam Parijs - Ch. De Gaulle 5000 77

Amsterdam Schiphol Strasbourg - Entzheim 5000 97

Comet

Post by Comet »

If you want a day trip to do some spotting, you could always consider a trip to BHX (Birmingham). That has an indoor spotting area for when the weather is bad, together with a massive and well stocked shop. There are also some outdoor spotting places.

Manchester is also good, but that is "fair weather" spotting - the top of the car park level 13 is not the best place as it is surrounded by a wire mesh fence and is crap for photgraphy. The Aviation Viewing Park is ok if you have a car, but the bus "service" is crap, when you get off you have about a mile to walk along some very overgrown footpaths! The best place at MAN is the cafe area in T1, but maybe you wouldn't want to pay airfare to sit in a cafe all day!

London City is great for access to central London, as its more efficient than other London airports, and you can be out of there five minutes after leaving your aircraft.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise