Flight SN2711 BRU-GVA 06/08/04 @ 7h00 local

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
L-1011

Flight SN2711 BRU-GVA 06/08/04 @ 7h00 local

Post by L-1011 »

Hi everybody,

I will be flying on an SNBA RJ85 tomorrow on flight SN2711 to GVA :D

You can expect a trip report from me as soon as I'm back, if I'm not able to locate an internet acess before that :wink: .

I'm already apologizing to luchtzak because I wont be able to make a picture of the nice and tasty breakfeast that I'll get. (Even in Economy SNBA has a great service :) )

Perhaps you'll be on board Bart?

On Sunday there will be a grand finale to the Fête de Genève (big city festival), when they will have low passes of a 757, the Swiss PC7 patrouille, the SuperConnie, and more over the Geneva lake, just in "front" of the City. Sorry guys I don't have a digital camera :( , but my eyes will record every bit of it :)

ciao,
TriStar :wink:

Air_Lac

Post by Air_Lac »

Have an excellent flight and enjoy the Fêtes de Genève!
There should indeed be a nice air show, I hope the weather will be fine.

I shall be flying to GVA myself later today, but with TV. I will not report unless something special and exciting happens (as I did report on my flight to and from GVA last week with TV).

Air_Lac

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

You lucky TriStar! Reminds me my 5 years in Geneva, the best period of my life!
André
ex Sabena #26567

L-1011

Post by L-1011 »

I'm Back :!:

I had a great flight on OO-DJK, seat 11F -> that means two windows :D

On boarding I thought the plane would be quite empty as for a long time there were only about 40 people on board. But then at approximately 6:55, a group of approx. 40 transit passengers from Abidjan who had just arrived, entered the plane. They were a group of kids and their "crew" going on a holiday camp in France near GVA.

The t/o was scheduled for 0700, but unfortunately the tower delayed our plane's slot so that we left the gate 30 minutes late, so I had the time to read the newspaper I took when I entered the plane. The TV for GVA at the gate next to us (etd 0655) had the same delay, and left just in front of us.

I was surprised to see a concrete wall put on the beginning of 25R which is currently closed, as we turned onto 20 for t/o.

Then came the time to read the SNBA Connect, followed by some occasional looks outside, admiring the clouds, trying to indentify our plane's shadow on them... The Captain told us we were flying at 28000 feet, and we wouldn't make up the whole delay.
This was followed by a tasty BrusselsBistro breakfeast composed of: a wheat bun, some cream cheese, a tropical juice and a chocolate muffin. If you ever have a chance to fly SNBA take a look at the plastic knife, it has a very ubusual design :!:

Well and then it was almost time for landing (TV landed in front of us), and the captain advised us we would be 15min late on arrival. One last galnce out the window, admiring the flaps, the sky the horizon with the hills next to the Geneva lake. The kids next to me never saw a mountain in their whole life, and were really impressed by those small hills surrounding the lake.

So we arrived 15 min late in a sunny GVA morning sun, with less wind than in BRU and even higher temperatures :!:

I'm already looking forward to my next flight (hopefully with SNBA)

On Saturday I enjoyed the best fireworks show I ever saw :!: I must recommend the yearly fireworks of the "Fêtes de Genève" to you all. They last 90 minutes , and it's a gigantic show, with at least 100000 people watching from the "Pont du Mont Blanc" and the lake surroundings.

On Sunday afternoon there was an airshow over the lake. We admired the Swiss PC7 team, and other planes and teams, bust most of all everybody was waiting for the Super Constellation, which was this years highlight.

It made three passes over the crowd and the lake, absolutely fantastic. The sound of those engines :D, and the looks of this plane :D. I recommend to everyone to see a Super Connie flying :!:

A friend of mine made pictures, and I'll see if he can send them to me so I can share them with you :)

ciao,
TriStar :wink:

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Thanks for nice report, Gregor. I really have the nostalgy of my years in Geneva.
André
ex Sabena #26567

AN124

Post by AN124 »

I flew SN myself several times.
Always loved to fly them. THey have a very good service and the Avro's are very nice aircrafs to fly on.

Thanks for sharing this nice report.

Best Regards,
Yvo