BRU-WAW-BRU with SN (29Jul-1Aug)

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
sn26567

BRU-WAW-BRU with SN (29Jul-1Aug)

Post by sn26567 »

This flight was purchased with SN Frequent Flyer Miles in promotion (only 15,000 miles needed instead of 20,000). Airport taxes were EUR 41.96, much less than on a similar trip with LH FF miles 4 weeks ago when I paid EUR 93.46 because of the intermediate stops.

Outbound flight SN2553 (BRU 08.45 WAW 10.55) was operated by an Avro RJ85 OO-DJS.
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/579586/M/
seen here at Warsaw airport.

The captain was Philippe Jacobs and the purser was Katia, assisted by another stewardess. There were 3 passengers in C class and the Y class load factor was 50%. Boarding was on-time but departure was delayed by 15 minutes because of the changing of take-off runways from 25R to 07R at the scheduled time of departure. Annoucements were made in Dutch, French and English, with a tape-recording for Polish.

Thirty minutes into the flight, breakfast was sevred in Y (after C). The Brussels Bistro box containing orange juice (from 'juiceworks' in Manchester!), a vanilla/peach yogurt LC1 from Nestlé, a muesli bar and the usual salt/pepper/sugar/milk bags was nicely complemented by a hot ciabatta bread with fried egg and red cheddar. Delicious! Not at all a modge-in-the-box! Before landing we got the usual Neuhaus chocolates. Landing was 10 minutes late. Here is my pictureof the back of the plane after landing.

All together, an excellent flight through clear skies.

My stay in Warsaw coincided with the commemoration of the 60th anniversary of the uprising of Warsaw, for which Colin Powell stopped over from Iraq on his way to Washington on 14 August. I was staying in the same hotel as him, the Warsaw Marriott, and I could catch a glimpse of him between his bodyguards when he left the hotel.
He travelled in a B767 parked next to the Luftwaffe A310 used by Gerhard Schröder at WAW airport.

The return flight SN2556, codeshared with TP (WAW 17.50 BRU 20.00), was operated by a BAe 146-100 OO-DJF under command of Captain Hendricks, with exceptionally three stewardesses.
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/501844/M/
seen here landing at BRU.

There were no passengers in C class, whereas the Y class was 95% full. Departure was 10 minutes after schedule. Announcements in English, French and Dutch; no Polish this time. The Belgian Sunday newspapers were available for all: Het Laatste Nieuws and La Dernière Heure.

A drink (water or orange juice) was served immediately after take-off, as there were no passengers in business. Dinner came soon thereafter. The large Brussels Bistro box contined a cold hors d'oeuvre of pasta salad, a hot dish of chicken breast in a spicy tomato sauce, fried potatoes and broccoli, crackers and a mini-Twix bar. I also had a can of Stella Artois and tea. Excellent!

Clear skies thoughout the flight. At the end of the flight we flew over Brussels and made a large circle that brought us over the place of the gas explosion to runway 02. Landing was also 10 minutes late.

Another memorable trip.
Last edited by sn26567 on 03 Aug 2004, 13:48, edited 1 time in total.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

The meals served on the flights do sound nice, especially that ciabatta with egg and cheese (I adore ciabatta :fork: ) Airlines do seem to do nice breakfast type things, especially hot breakfast.

And just for the record - I do not hate SNBA, I do not hate the service on SNBA (if I didn't like them I would hardly book more flights with them would I?) So let this be an end to snipes about a picture I submitted to airlinemeals.net. I wanted to set things straight - SNBA are a great airline, I like them and I have NEVER implied otherwise!!! I fly with them again in a few weeks and I want my flights to be good ones, just like my first BHX-BRU was great :mrgreen:
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

VC10

Post by VC10 »

Very nice report Andre, really enjoyed reading about what was obviously a great flight (along with good meals!)

I must admit to being very puzzled as to the lack of comments about your report, given that many more people usually do comment on your posts!

Is something wrong with the forum, as it seems totally dead?? :? :? :( :(
The Voice of Freedom will never be silenced.

Trisha

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

believe me, it's too hot (30° C) to answer ;) But very nice report SN... . Thanks :)

Jumbolino

Post by Jumbolino »

Hi André,

Thanks for the great report with nice pic's :lol:
food sounds better than usual anywhere served in ECO 8)
and I've to admit it's too hot for writing more :wink:

Jutta :wave:

Comet

Post by Comet »

If you guys (and girls) on the Continent are having great weather, send some over here please! We've had two consecutive days of fog and drizzle here on the east coast of England, and we've heavy rain promised in the next few days :(

I hope this wonderful continental weather is still in evidence when we fly to Belgium in five weeks!
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Avro

Post by Avro »

Sorry for my late reply, but I wasn't home the last few days...

Anyway, thanks for the very nice report André. :)
The food definately seem to be very tasty.

Chris