Virgin Atlantic Airways - small seats but good service

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
loveair

Virgin Atlantic Airways - small seats but good service

Post by loveair »

Hi,

I flew Virgin Atlantic to Tobago last year. I am tall so lack of seat pitch can make my flights very uncomfortable. I was disappointed in the amount of room in economy.

However, the return flight was delayed by 24 hours due to a bird strike in Grenada. We were are check-in when we got the news. The resulting delay was well managed and the next day we received letters offering 50% off our next flight (each).

That's a good deal for one day's delay.

Avro

Post by Avro »

Could you maybe tell us a little bit more about those flights?

How was the service besides the poor seat pitch?
How was the food?
and finally would you recommend this airline or not ?

Thanks

Greetz
Chris

Captain

Post by Captain »

I flew with Virgin Atlantic from LHR to SFO and had a great flight though I did find the legroom in economy to be a bit tighter than other airlines but not necessarily uncomfortable (I'm average hight).

Their inflight entertainment is fantastic and the food and level of service is great. Virgin Atlantic has won many awards and is recommended by many travel agents as the best Transatlantic airline.

I'll leave it loveair to add some of his experiences.

Captain.