Power points for laptop on MD11

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Erna

Power points for laptop on MD11

Post by Erna »

Hello,

The battery of my laptop died unexpectedly this morning and I am flying on thursday, so no time to replace it.
Any idea if on the Finnair MD11 there are power points for laptops in economy?

Thanks,

Erna

Captain

Post by Captain »

Yes they do have power points (in Business):

"The seats of Boeing MD-11 aircraft are equipped with a power socket, providing power for a laptop computer. You can buy a Targus Universal Auto Air Power Adapter kit from the Finnair Tax-Free Plus shop at Helsinki-Vantaa Airport and on long-haul routes (price: 150 euros)."

For more info, go to their website (finnair.com) and click in the "service info" section.

Enjoy your flight, I'd love to go on their M11.

Captain

chunk

Post by chunk »

I was on a KLM MD-11 from AMS to SFO last month and the customer was paying so I got a very infrequent trip in Biz class. It was the one occasion I actually needed to work and have a power supply on a plane but guess what.....have to admit I was a bit surprised......those biz class seats need upgraded as do the economy ones for that matter!