icelandair

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
V-Bird

icelandair

Post by V-Bird »

Does anybody over here has experience with Icelandiar? End of September i will fly with them from Amsterdam to Reykjavik, and from Reykjavik to Stockholm.

All information is welcome!

TWA

Post by TWA »

Do they operate the flight to AMS with a B757-200 or -300???

V-Bird

re

Post by V-Bird »

depence:

tuesday, thursday and sunday they use ( normaly ) the 757-200, the other days the 757-300

Comet

Post by Comet »

I have alot of experience with Icelandair, both international and domestic flights. The cabin crews are very pleasant and friendly, and from what I remember of their inflight meals they consisted largely of salad, with either chicken or fish. There was always a hot breakfast provided on morning flights, which consisted of scrambled egg, small diced potatoes, some ham or bacon and some fruit juice.

My experience with the international fleet was with the Boeing 727-100 and the Boeing 737-400 (I flew on all Icelandair's 737s). On the downside I have to say that my worst flight ever was with Icelandair, but that was the last flight I flew on them, and the aircraft involved in the incident is no longer with the fleet.

The Fokker 50 domestic fleet are highly recommended. Domestic flying in Iceland is something else, often at relatively low level offering great views, and often with hair raising approaches and climb aways (notably Isafjordur, whose runway is sandwiched between a fjord and a steep mountain!)
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise