Hainan Airlines

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Stoney

Hainan Airlines

Post by Stoney »

Last week I flew Hainan Airlines on the Guangzhou - Haikou route...
This route was operated by a Boeing 737 from their partner Shan'Xi Airlines...
Was pleasantly surprised by everything, allthough cabin was a little smelly too, but still ok, nothing compared to my China Southern experience...
Crew spoke ok english, were pretty friendly... Got some nuts and coffee, and plenty of refills...

If I have the chance will fly them again, pitty they don't fly to Hong Kong from Haikou, since this means I'll have to fly China Southern again...

Avro

Post by Avro »

NIce to see a report from that part of the world :P

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

I wonder how many non-Chinese foreigners fly these airlines in a typical domestic flight. Anyway, it is nice to see that Hainan makes efforts to accommmodate them well.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Stoney

Post by Stoney »

Well, on this flight I was the only "white" guy :) For the rest only Chinese tourists going on a holiday to Hainan and people living here...
I got a lot of looks from people so I suppose they don't see western people that much...

concordino

Post by concordino »

Parked near Abelag / Brussels yesterday was a former Sobelair 76 in full Hainan Airlines c/s - coincidence or what?

Concordino

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

concordino wrote:Parked near Abelag / Brussels yesterday was a former Sobelair 76 in full Hainan Airlines c/s - coincidence or what?
This might help you Concordino:

https://www.aviation24.be/postt5454.html

Stoney

Post by Stoney »

Damn, so it's already painted in the Hainan Airlines colourscheme... I hoped to see it landing here in Hainan in the Sobelair colours, that would have been cool...

Anyway, I asked the question before and I ask it again. Any idea when this plane will arrive here in Haikou? Would love to get a picture of it...
Any chance someone has a picture of the aircraft parked at ebbr, I would love to see it...

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Sad to see another Belgian aircraft leaving :(

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

Hi Stoney,
Anyway, I asked the question before and I ask it again. Any idea when this plane will arrive here in Haikou? Would love to get a picture of it...
The aircraft is scheduled for delivery to Hainan Airlines in the 3rd quarter of 2004, and will be registered B-2561.

Source: http://www.skyliner-aviation.de

Regards, Robin Bamps.

Stoney

Post by Stoney »

thanx Blackhawk for the picture... Hainan in Belgium & Belgium in Hainan :) What a coincidence ;)

Robin, already read that info but was hoping for an exact date, thanx anyway, will keep my eyes open for this bird...

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Stoney, it still has the OO-SLR registration. Maybe you will see it land in Hainan with that Belgian registration before it gets its Chinese one. That would be great!
André
ex Sabena #26567

Stoney

Post by Stoney »

Yeah, I noticed that too and was silently hoping the same... For that I'd need an exact date and estimate time though, cause Meilan airport is not really close from where I am living, about 40 minutes by car...
Anyway, guys, if you see the plane left Brussels, let me know on this forum please... I'll try to get some extra info here...

Avro

Post by Avro »

Stoney wrote: Anyway, guys, if you see the plane left Brussels, let me know on this forum please... I'll try to get some extra info here...
We will try our best stoney :)

Chris

Glider

Post by Glider »

Today, I've seen the plane in the full colours too. Although they're just rough scans, I have also some pics of our bird...:

http://coppermine.luchtzak.be/displayim ... ?pos=-2837

http://coppermine.luchtzak.be/displayim ... ?pos=-2844

Rgds
Glider

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Back to the topic, Hainan!

Here’s a first: the first Marriott-managed resort in China. The 455-room Sanya Marriott Resort & Spa is located on the southern tip of Hainan Island, at approximately the same latitude as Hawaii. There’s air service from nearby Phoenix International Airport to, among other places, Hong Kong and Seoul. The resort sports a health and fitness center, 18-hole golf course, spa and extensive meeting facilities...

Anyone interested?
André
ex Sabena #26567

Stoney

Post by Stoney »

Just came back from Sanya yesterday... Didn't see that hotel though, my guess it's in Yalong Bay, right? Anyway, there's a lot of hotels like that in Sanya...