Brussels - Manchester on SN Brussels Airlines

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Avro

Post by Avro »

Jumbolino wrote:Chris & Fred,

Interesting thing is that low fare airlines like Air Berlin, Niki and now as well DBA offers free drink and sandwich service (again).
And Mister Woehrl himself chief of dba now nearly since a year said when he offered free food again this year in may that it costs even more (time which means more F/A, money to change etc. ...) to charge for drink and food than to give one (!) piece, drink out for free ....
I never said they shouldn't serve a free meal ;) but the quantity on a verty short flight shouldn't be a matter INMHO ;)

Chris
8)

Comet

Post by Comet »

It shouldn't matter if you've "only" flown with an airline twice, or two bloody hundred times, if the food's tasteless then it's bloody tasteless.

And if a flight is one hour or fifteen bloody hours, then what you are served should at least be bloody edible :evil:

And I say this here than on Airliners.net because if photos taken by women are not good enough for their stupid photo database then womens' money is not good enough to line their pockets just to have the bloody dubious priviledge of posting on their forums :evil:
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Avro

Post by Avro »

WOW you used 5 times "bloody" in just a few lines.....

Louise,

First of all YES it does matter if you fly the airline 500 times or just 2 times. You cannot make an objective and accurate analysis if you don't fly the airline regularely AND on different flights. For the food it's the same. If you always fly on the same flight at the same time you'll most probably get the same food to eat.
And if a flight is one hour or fifteen bloody hours, then what you are served should at least be bloody edible :evil:
Secondly, SN serves food that is edible. As I saw in the pictures of Frederic, the food was indeed a litlle bit dissapointing due to the fact that you only had one bread and a small portion of cheese. BUT this does not mean that it isn't EDIBLE !!!!!!! Be reasonable Louise !!!
if photos taken by women are not good enough for their stupid photo database then womens' money is not good enough to line their pockets just to have the bloody dubious priviledge of posting on their forums
If you post a picture to A.net they don't care if you are female or male, they just want very nice pictures that's all.

Chris
Last edited by Avro on 17 Jul 2004, 18:10, edited 1 time in total.

V-Bird

re

Post by V-Bird »

I think you mean an HollandExel 767-300, and not the Belgiumexel 767-300

Jumbolino

Post by Jumbolino »

:offtopic:
this discussion remembers me onto a curious happening back in 2000 in Zurich.
we where boared on time for an short 45 minutes hop, but nothing happened afterwards, people went angry and shouted out that the captain should describe the reason for the delay, well I went backwards to the male F/A's and asked for a bottle of water because it was my connection flight and the inbound was delayed like usual so I had to ran to change terminals and my tongue was nearly at the bottom of the little ATR - well, GateGourmet fetched everything for refill but never came back with fresh food or drinks !
minutes after some ground staff came as well as the captain and everybody including the captain wanted to fly without anything because it was such a short hop and if GateGourmet doesn't came back with the stuff after nearly an hour they might don't come again this day (night) - meanwhile it was almost half past ten (22:30). well ground stuff contacted the tower and a few seconds later the ATR was like a space shuttle in the air :lol:
I don't know if somebody at GateGourmet looses his/her job after this happening :roll:
well - food and drinks where not edible because nothing was loaded :wink:
:offtopic:

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Comet wrote:It shouldn't matter if you've "only" flown with an airline twice, or two bloody hundred times, if the food's tasteless then it's bloody tasteless.

And I say this here than on Airliners.net because if photos taken by women are not good enough for their stupid photo database then womens' money is not good enough to line their pockets just to have the bloody dubious priviledge of posting on their forums :evil:
I think that Comet has eaten a bull today :)
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

Don't you belittle me :evil:

If you want to see what my comments are responding to, then read this post http://www.airliners.net/discussions/tr ... ain/46131/ in full!
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Avro

Post by Avro »

Comet wrote:Don't you belittle me :evil:

If you want to see what my comments are responding to, then read this post http://www.airliners.net/discussions/tr ... ain/46131/ in full!
I'm sorry Louise, but I agree with Fred on this one.

Chris

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Hi all,

Just returned from a 4-day spotting trip including 2 SN-flights. I only have one word for both flights: they were SUPERB.

Excellent service, professional crew,... The FCO-BRU of this evening even was my best flight ever, which says a lot.

More will follow in the next 2 weeks.

Regards
Frederic

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Louise, just saw your picture at airlinemeals.net. You rated the SN meal on your BHX flight with a '1' with as comment:
Tasteless sandwich, small roll. Very stingy meal.
Besides the fact that this is going way too far (you are obsessed), I want that you stop discussion your 'bloody' experiences in this topic, as it's about my MAN-flight, and not your VLM-, Sabena- and SNBA flights.

Recommendation for next time: swimm across the channel.

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Sabena_690 wrote:Excellent service, professional crew,... The FCO-BRU of this evening even was my best flight ever, which says a lot.
I am glad you enjoyed your flights and I can't wait to read your reports Fredje! :)

Apuneger

Post by Apuneger »

I just returned from a 4 day spotting trip, including 2 SN flights as well. What a coincidence, Frederic :-)

Anyway, as Frederic pointed out, the flight FCO-BRU was indeed very good. Friendly crew, good announcements and excellent inflight service. I'll leave the detailed report(s) to Frederic however.

Ivan

Avro

Post by Avro »

Great to hear you had some great time Ivan and Fred :)
I'm really looking forward to read all your reports, but you can take your time to write them I'm not hurried ;)

Greetz
Chris
8)

nwa757

Post by nwa757 »

Great report! I love the pics.
Onward and Upward...