BRU - VIE and VIE - BRU with OS

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
danieln

BRU - VIE and VIE - BRU with OS

Post by danieln »

I needed to be in de Czech Republic for 1 day and therefore booked flights to Vienna, from where it was only some 200 km by car.

1. Outbound on 10/7 with OS 358

The flight was scheduled for 7h45. Check-in at 6.45 went smooth and very friendly. As we are rather tall, we were offered exit seats without even asking for it.
After having got our boarding passes, we headed for terminal A. It was my first departure from this new terminal, and it was impressing!
At the gate we heard that ther was a delay of about 45 minutes, due to the funeral of the Austrian president.
Boarding started at 8h10 and the MD-87 "Bregenz" left at 8h30.
Although there was a menu in the seat bags, we got a free little breakfast, with tasty dark bread and a not so tasty croissant.
The flight crew were able to reduce the delay to 20 minutes. We arrived at Vienna Airport at 9h50. The arrivals building at the airport is old and not suitable anymore for the 21st century. But the building of newer buildings is in progress.

2. Return on 11/7 with OS 351

Boarding for the 7h05 flight started already at 5h10, so we were pretty early. We asked for exit seats and we were promised some, but after checking the boarding passes we saw that we had row number 5 which meant no exit seats.
Boarding started at 6h20. Surprised to see a Fokker 70: it would be my first ever flight with this kind of plane!
Row 5 was in fact not so bad. Austrian have a seat configuration where the first 5 rows do not consist of the usual 3-2 seats, but 2-2. So plenty of arm-space.
The F70 left in time. Again a little breakfast, this time a roll with some cheese and salami.
Punctual landing and again a nice flight expercience. And 2 more boarding passes for the collection...!

I will recommend Austrian from now on.

Avro

Post by Avro »

Thanks for the nice report danieln.

OS doesn't seem bad at all ;)

Chris

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Thanks for nice report, danieln. As I also had an experience with OS a few days ago (on an almost empty A320) I enjoyed the comparison.

As Jumbolino commented, OS offers the meal on flights longer than 100 minutes, which is always the case on BRU-VIE. Else, you have to pay :(
André
ex Sabena #26567