LX787/788 BRU-ZRH-BRU LX/2L

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
CTBke

LX787/788 BRU-ZRH-BRU LX/2L

Post by CTBke »

http://www.swiss.com

Flight: LX787
Date : 09 JUL 2012
Aircraft: Airbus A320 HB IJX
From-To: Brussels - Zurich (BRU-ZRH)
Seat: 7A C-Class
Scheduled/Effective Time of Departure: 09:50/10:20
Scheduled/Effective Time of Arrival: 11:05 / 11:10
Scheduled/Effective Duration of the flight:1h15 / 0h50

This report covers the European business class service on LX and LX operated by Helvetic Airways.

Went on time from check in trough security check as it was still a busy morning at the airport with all the long haul flights departing at the T terminal. Once arrived at the gate the plane wasn't there yet so decided to walk around to spot some planes but everything was gone already except the A330's at the end of the gate. Once the plane arrived boarding was delayed with 20 minutes for reasons uknown.

Once on board I took my seat, Swiss only puts headrest covers in Business and a visible curtain divider between eco and business. Once boarding was completed a friendly FA came around with refreshing towels followed by the selection of newspapers adapted to the language of the passenger. While the doors were closed the captain informed us about the late departure due to a slot restriction at ZRH Airport but assured that we would arrive on time at Zurich airport. The friendly FA came around again to distribute a small bottle of water which I thought it was an extra asset on this short flight.

Once ready for pushback safety demo was played on the video screens and the plane was ready to take of from rwy 25R to make a left turn straight to Zurich. After take off and FSB was off the crew started with the in flight service in Business and Economy. A cold breakfast was served with typical swiss ingredients.
Accompanied with warm bread and additional butter/ jam and the usual beverages for a breakfast. Only chinaware and metal cutlery (not plastic like SN C-class). And although it was a short flight it was enough for a breakfast, cc came around again with more bread and coffee and tea.
Right before the descent another pass around with the signature "Swiss thank you for flying with us" chocolate. Arrived only 5 minutes later at the gate but still time enough to catch the connection flights which are very easy to find at Zurich airport.

http://www.helvetic.com/hdc/

Flight: LX788
Date : 09 JUL 2012
Aircraft: Fokker F-100 HB-JVC
From-To: Zurich - Brussels (ZRH-BRU)
Seat: 1F C-Class
Scheduled/Effective Time of Departure: 18:25/18:30
Scheduled/Effective Time of Arrival: 19:40 / 19:29
Scheduled/Effective Duration of the flight:1h15 / 0h59

I was rather early at the airport so I took the time to go to the lounge, it's not easy to find it as there are several lounges for Swiss but in the end I found the right one. The airport itself is very modern, lots of natural light and big windows and a calm atmosphere. The lounge was divided into several parts, a first class part and regular business / senator part. A wide range of drinks and fresh made sandwiches were available. Around 6PM I went to the gate as boarding was initiated 10 mins later. This time the return flight was operated by Helvetic Airways on their Fokker 100. You could tell that it was an old plane but it was clean and the cabin was still in good condition. I was lucky to have seat 1F as its a 2-3 configuration and the AC side are both occupied while the middle seat on the DEF is kept free. After everyone was on board the crew came around with the refreshing towels and bottles of water. The staff of Helvetic know the service very well, everything was the same as on the morning flight you knew what was coming after the newspapers and dinner service. After take off they started with the meal service, for this evening flight a light salad together with cheese and a dessert were served accompanied by warm bread and additional butter.
You could tell that the workload was high on this flight as they were only with 3 cc and economy was full. But right before descent they came around with the chocolates and thank the other C-class pax an myself personally for choosing Swiss and asked if I enjoyed the short flight to Brussels.
Arrived well before time on RWY25L and parked at the gate around 19:29.

Overall I had a good experience flying with Swiss, the difference between their business class product and SN's product on the GVA route are that you get real cutlery and a well balanced meal as well as a small bottle of water. The staff on both flights were very friendly, spoke French, English and German and even on Helvetic they knew the product as it should be on a Swiss operated flight.
Citybird
The flying dream

sn26567

Re: LX787/788 BRU-ZRH-BRU LX/2L

Post by sn26567 »

Very nice report (even if it is two years late ;) ). If you were in row 7 for the outbound flight, it means that business class is very busy at SWISS (unlike SN, where there is seldom someone in C class). What explains such a difference?
André
ex Sabena #26567

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

I know Andre but better late than never ;-) I was the only one in C-class without a connection flight all the other pax had a connection out of Zurich, explains why on the return there only were 2 rows of C-class :)
Citybird
The flying dream

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

I think so too: when you are on a flight which brings passengers for long flights, business class is always much fuller than on other types of flights. I've been on Brussels airlines flights to LHR with 20 business class passengers too, obviously all connecting with other star partners. If you don't offer many long flights yourself, you have very few business class passengers, except on routes where you deliver passengers to other partner airlines like in London, IMHO.

b720

Post by b720 »

Lots of C clas pax intra europe from ZRH. Prices are very reasonable..almost the same as SN Flex prices.. and connections of course.. LX has a respectable Long Haul network out of ZRH.