BRU-CPH with SNBA June 18th 2004

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
MD-11

BRU-CPH with SNBA June 18th 2004

Post by MD-11 »

As most of you already know I bought myself a ticket to fly to Copenhagen. This was a birthday present from myself :wink:
Normally this year I wouldn't fly so I did some overtime and I could buy a best buy ticket for only €152 :lol:
I was already in the airport around 4:45AM. Scheduled departure time was 06:55 AM.
I had an electronic ticket and only hand luggage so check-in went fast.
I got seat 15A, that's in an Avro RJ85 at the left side were there are only 2 seats next to each other. There are 17 rows in a RJ85.
The check-in agent also gave me already a boarding pass with seatnumber 17A for the returnflight this evening.
I started the long walk to Pier A and when I arrived at security screening there was a long line. :( Perhaps because of Bob Claes wasn't working then :wink:
Screening was very thorough, we had to take off rings and juwels to go through the metal detector.
I was "clean" and walked to gate A49 were OO-DJT was already waiting.
Boarding started around 6:30 and was very swift with only 30 pax or so.
When boarding I saw we had a female captain ( I think her name was Van Grieken or something like that ).
A little bit later she made a PA that we were delayed about 15 minutes because of ATC restrictions but that we would make up time underway.
Finally we took off from RWY25R with 38.8 tons ( of which 8.8 tons fuel ) and with a rotate speed of 128 knots (230kph or 144mph ) we started our NIKKY 1C departure to CPH.
When the "fasten seatbelt"sign went off the FAs Stephanie and Marleen started serving breakfast.
It was a Brussels Bistro: a small sandwich with cheese, a vanilla pudding and a small cup of orange juice
I must say that those Bistros are much more tasteful than the traditional airline "food" 8)
Drinks were served too and afterwards small chocolates.
Shortly after that we left our cruising altitude of 31000 feet ( mach 0.70 ) and started to descent into CPH.
At least here we had some turbulence :)
The clouds were thick on finals because we were still hanging in the clouds with zero visibility when gear was already down.
Too bad the captain didn't fill in all technical info, so I only know we landed after 1 hour and 14 minutes, after have flown for 485NM ( 873km or 545 miles ).
The returnflight would take also 1 hour and 14 minutes but was only 394 NM (709km or 443 miles ).
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Comet

Post by Comet »

OO-DJT was the first SNBA aircraft I flew on back in March, and we had seats in row 12, on the two abreast side. Then I got moved to the back row.

It's good to see that SNBA has proper attitudes with regard to the employment of female pilots and promoting them to Captain!!

Your Modge box also looks a little better than the bloody things we were presented with back in March!
Last edited by Comet on 20 Jun 2004, 19:00, edited 1 time in total.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

Thanks for your report MD11.

I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your first SNBA experience.
As I can read, "Brussels Bistrot" has got its fans and other people who don't like it...

I really appreciated the cabin pics: they remind me of the time I flew Sabena from BRU to Leeds-Bradfort.

Regards

BeN :idea:

Note to Mr Ryanair: In one of the pictures, you can see how you stewardesses should be like.

L-1011

Re: BRU-CPH with SNBA June 18th 2004

Post by L-1011 »

Thanks for your nice trip report :)
MD-11 wrote:The returnflight would take also 1 hour and 14 minutes but was only 394 NM (709km or 443 miles ).
He took a shortcut :wink: :lol:

ciao,
TriStar 8)

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Take a look at the orange juice, it's made in Manchester UK ;) So we can call this Modge Box aka Brussels Bistro aka Amsterdam Bistro from now on the English Breakfast Bistro 8)

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Thanks, fantastic report!

Snack is good enough for short flight...

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

Jumbolino

Post by Jumbolino »

MD-11 thanks for the nice trip rep, but are you sure in your bistro box this wasn't vanilla joghurt ?!
I'm quite sure it was because Nestlé LC1 Vanilla is joghurt and I assume that they don't produce special cups for SNBA ;-)

btw nice rep and nice pic's - expecially the bistro box ;-)

Comet

Post by Comet »

blackhawk wrote:Take a look at the orange juice, it's made in Manchester UK ;) So we can call this Modge Box aka Brussels Bistro aka Amsterdam Bistro from now on the English Breakfast Bistro 8)
:lol: The orange juice I've usually had on aircraft has always been marked as "Florida Orange Juice", Manchester is very different!

I cannot imagine an English breakfast Modge Box - you would need bacon, eggs, tomatoes, beans, mushrooms, toast and in some cases kidney! Now that would be very interesting if you opened up your Modge Box and your Modge-in-a-Box consisted of a full English!
Louise

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Nice report, MD-11.

It tells me that there are different levels in the amount of food you get in the Bistro. But none that I would qualify as a 'Modge', whatever thatmeans!
André
ex Sabena #26567

vflies

Post by vflies »

Thanks for a very nice report!
Those pix are really good too...
OO-SBZ wrote:Note to Mr Ryanair: In one of the pictures, you can see how your stewardesses should be like.
Call me difficult, Ben, but I was just thinking the opposite when I read your remark! lol
The fa in front, with loose hair hanging above the food is not groomed to the standards of a quality carrier IMO!
Think of hygene too...

Something you would never see on AirFrance f.i.

VFlies

Comet

Post by Comet »

sn26567 wrote:Nice report, MD-11.

It tells me that there are different levels in the amount of food you get in the Bistro. But none that I would qualify as a 'Modge', whatever thatmeans!
Oh dear - has Andre forgotten the definition of "modge" I provided in my BRU-BHX report?
Louise

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Those 'modge in a box' remarks are becoming a bit tiring...

It's still a flight of only 1h, and if you want a full meal Louise, you better book C-class.

The quantity is indeed not that high, but if you are very hungry, eat a snack at the airport.

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

Avro

Post by Avro »

Very nice report Bart. The pictures are great.

It's nice to see a piture of the cabin with the FA's in action. Gives you the atmosphere of being in the flight...

The Breakfast looks nice.
@Louise: Don't forget it's a short flight where Bart only paid 150€ !!!!!!!

Too bad the flight hadn't a good loadfactor :(
How was the occupation in C class. (on both of your flights ?)

BTW happy birthday ;)

Chris