CPH-BRU with SNBA

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
MD-11

CPH-BRU with SNBA

Post by MD-11 »

After a visit at the city of Copenhagen were I got soaked wet ( it started raining shortly after noon ) I took the train back to Kastrup airport. A drive of only 10 minutes or so.
Since I already got a boarding pass and seat number in Brussels this morning, for the returnflight, I could already go through security.
This was very quickly, perhaps my luchtzak.be T-shirt and SNBA cap had something to do with it :wink: .
I spent a lot of time in the airport with a lot of shops and very good for planespotting, once through security.
I even saw a MD-11 of Varig Brasil at the gate. :D
Shortly afterward I saw the SNBA Avro coming in that would bring us back to BRU.
This time it was a RJ100 reg OO-DWE
Here you see FO Tom Fouquaet at work right after engine shutdown at gate A9 of terminal 2 at CPH
Boarding of the 78 pax went smoothly and we pushed-back 10 minutes before schedule :)
We took off with a weight of 38.8 tons ( of which 5.2 tons fuel ) and a rotate speed of 131 knots ( 235kph or 147mph ) from RWY22R on a TOBIS 2C departure.
We climbed to 28000 feet and had a mach speed of 0.71
Fuel burn was around 2400kgs/hour ( all engines off course ), EGT ( exhaust gas temperature ) was around 540°C.
Diner was again a Brussels Bistro with a small sandwich with cheese, a small portion of pasta and a mini TWIX candy.
Drinks were served and afterwards little chocolates.
After an uneventful flight with some moderate turbulence :) upon arrival in BRU we started our descent on a WOODY2A arrival route to the airport.
We flew past the famous spotting location at tavern Jumbo to land on a wet RWY25L with +/-36 tons and a speed of 116 knots (208kph or 130mph ).

When deplaning I stayed seated until the last one. So I could shake hands with Captain Ben Haaider and thank him for filling in all the info of the flight.
Flighttime was 1 hour and 14 minutes and we used about 2.8 tons of fuel.
I walked from terminal A to the arrivals hall were I saw my wife waiting for me :D and could give her the teddybear with "Danmark" T-shirt I bought her at Kastrup.
I was looking for a teddybear with "luchtzak"T-shirt but I couldn't find it :cry: :wink:
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Very detailed technical report, MD-11. Thanks for the flight info.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Avro

Post by Avro »

Thanks for the nice report Bart. I like your pics and all those details make it very interesting to read.

BTW it's nice to see that the flight was not empty :)

Chris