Ryanair

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
FR737800

Ryanair

Post by FR737800 »

Hello,

I'm new on this forum, I'm cabin crew in Ryanair and I read a lot of bad things about FR...

1/ Flights attendants are from all Europe but mainly from Belgium, we are good trained on both 737/200-800 series a/c, we don't have to pay for the training (!) but the waloon region did it for us. Ryanair is the airline in Belgium where the cabin crew have the best salary, more than long haul flight FA's from SNBA...

2/ Aircrafts are safe to fly, engeneer are from SABENA techniks; working every day,24h/day, on each turn around,... I've been flying for 3 years in ryanair and never had a problem.

3/ Of course you don't get free drinks,meal,.... Catering is coming from Brussels every day,it's Virgin Express catering, minerals are 1EUR50, cofee 2EUR30 but when you pay 10EUR for a flights, don't expect Cabin crew to bring you Champagne with a big smile!

So for me Ryanair is a low faire airline like Virgin Express...

FR.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Thanks for your valuable input, FR737800.

And Welcome to Luchtzak Airlines.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Re: RYANAIR

Post by Comet »

FR737800 wrote:
when you pay 10EUR for a flights, don't expect Cabin crew to bring you Champagne with a big smile!

FR.
Even though passengers have paid a low price for their ticket, a smile costs nothing. Quite frankly, I think some cabin crew have a massive chip on their shoulders and treat passengers (who after all pay their wages, albeit indirectly) like second class sh*t. Just because someone hasn't paid alot for their ticket, it doesn't give crews the right to treat them like muck.

Tip - treat all your passengers properly, especially those who have a video camera/digital camera, because you never know when you will be publicly identified and shamed, because that I certainly what I will do if I come across any bad-attitude crews again! And I can film video without you knowing as well :twisted:
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

You read too much The Sun, Louise, also they like name and shame campaigns (even when the people they shame are unguilty).

Welcome Ryanair to luchtzak.be! I think that you are correct about the maintenance: one crash of an FR plane and the media (and the other airlines) will make a huge hype of it. Something that MOL wants to avoid at all cost.

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

danieln

Post by danieln »

Welcome on board FR737800!

My experiences with Ryanair were always very good. I did some 20 flights with them over the last 5 years, and we have always been treated the same way as with other carriers. For me it is clear that you as Ryanair staff had a good training, just as the people of Virgin Express or the more expensive companies.
And which is more: on all these flights, I have never experienced even 1 minute delay!!
Keep up the good work!

FR737800

Post by FR737800 »

Hi!

Of course, Comet, I smile to my pax! I know that some passangers come on board and think they are like kings and are very rude and unpolite, but i guess its the same for all the airlines...

For me a cabin crew of Fr or SN or TV... are all the same,we have the same attitude to the PAX, just the colour of the uniform change!

fr737800

A318

Post by A318 »

FR737800 wrote:Hi!
For me a cabin crew of Fr or SN or TV... are all the same,we have the same attitude to the PAX, just the colour of the uniform change!

fr737800
Welcome FR737800, I do not agree with this statement and believe me I am not anti Ryanair in fact I do like the company and it's way of their service. However I do see a big difference between Ryanair and for example EasyJet in being friendly to their passengers. Ryanair CA's are most of the time in a big hurry, not very friendly and a smile is almost never seen on their faces. When I do compare that with EasyJet their is a huge difference, very friendly and smiling crew, acting very calm and due to that more proffessional. Also the EZY Captains behave more standard when they are anouncing their word of welcome and their expected travel route, time etc. So once again I am not anti Ryanair but EasyJet, and as I recently heard Volare, seem to do their job in a much more friendly and proffesional way.

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Out of curiosity Erwin: are you saying that EZY has much better cabin crew etc etc based on the 2 flights you had with them?

I think that you have to complete at least three/four roundtrips with an airline before you can start to judge them.

You will not see me saying that FR has good or bad cabin crews after the 2 flights I had with them...

FR737800

Post by FR737800 »

I agree with Sabena 690, you can not say cabin crew are better there or there just if you flew once or twice with them.

I'm sure that all cabin crew will agree with me,sometimes you have bad days or difficult pax and you can not smile for 2hours! There may be lots of reasons even if I know that we should always smile, well if you were on one of my flight you'll see we are nice :lol:

And about the pilots,there almost all coming from Sabena or city bird...

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

FR737800,

what is your netto-salary without the extra's ? If you don't like to mention it in the forums just PM me ;)

greetings,

Bart
:rock:

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Louise:
How come you seem to know the behavior of all FR flight attendants, when you don't want to fly with them? Don't believe everything the papers & the internet tell you!
Flown them at least 5 times, they allways did their job without complaining or treating me like second clas ***, allthough not always (but most of the time) smiling, I never let that bother me, since I don't need anything onboard. They allways are at the entrance and exit welcoming you & saying goodbye! More than good enough for me...

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Bart: looking for another job? ;)

Frederic :mrgreen:

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Sabena_690 wrote:Bart: looking for another job? ;)
Nope, just curious ;-)

A318

Post by A318 »

Sabena_690 wrote:Out of curiosity Erwin: are you saying that EZY has much better cabin crew etc etc based on the 2 flights you had with them?

I think that you have to complete at least three/four roundtrips with an airline before you can start to judge them.

You will not see me saying that FR has good or bad cabin crews after the 2 flights I had with them...
Frederic, since we book hundreds of flights a year with EasyJet I know how people think about EZY.
My flights only confirmed what I already heard.
Looking at my first 2 flights with RYR, they were the same as number 3 and 4, 5 and 6 etc etc.

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

Avro

Post by Avro »

Welcome to Luchtzak FR737800.

I never flew FR so I can't judge on the inflight efficency of the crews.

But there is still ONE major point you forgot to mention in your first post.

Ryanair doesn't have any CUSTOMER SERVICE and doesn't treats the passengers like animals. I'm not talking about the flight itself, but everything which happens after and before. If your flight is cancelled, you won't be re-booked on another flight, you won't get any compensations or a hotel room to stay if your flight is delayed for many hours or days and so on and so on.

That's the reason why I don't want to fly FR for the moment !!!!
Ryanair is the airline in Belgium where the cabin crew have the best salary, more than long haul flight FA's from SNBA...
That would really surprise me a lot 8O This can't be true. I would have to see a proof before I believe this. I mean if Ryanair pays all its short haul crews better than SN's long haul crews, they wouldn't do much profit anymore in my opinion :confused:

Ciao
Chris
8)

FR737800

Post by FR737800 »

Chris,

I know FR is bad about customer service, that there is nothing for the pax if the flight is cancelled,.... I agree with you about this point but PAX know that when they buy the tickets, they have to sign like a contract so they know what may happened.

Concerning the salary, the pilots ( Ex Sabena) told us we had the best salary in Belgium...

Sorry if I did a mistake about this...

Avro

Post by Avro »

FR737800 wrote: I know FR is bad about customer service, that there is nothing for the pax if the flight is cancelled,.... I agree with you about this point but PAX know that when they buy the tickets, they have to sign like a contract so they know what may happened.
I know that many passengers don't care about that, in some sort of way they don't pay a lot so they shouldn't expect much customer service. But in my opinion a company even if it's FR should at least have some sort of respect towars its customers. And that respects starts when they have a descend customer service. But I may be special ;)
Sorry if I did a mistake about this...
Sorry but my last comment may have sounded rude :oops: I wouldn't have anything against you gaining more money than an SN long haul FA. I only find it very unrealistic... but todays world is unpredictable so why not ;)

Ciao
Chris
8)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Avro wrote:That's the reason why I don't want to fly FR for the moment !!!!
I thought it was because of your exams ;-)
Avro wrote:
FR737800 wrote:
Ryanair is the airline in Belgium where the cabin crew have the best salary, more than long haul flight FA's from SNBA...

That would really surprise me a lot This can't be true. I would have to see a proof before I believe this. I mean if Ryanair pays all its short haul crews better than SN's long haul crews, they wouldn't do much profit anymore in my opinion
Well, I do believe Michael O'Leary when he pretends that Ryanair cabin crew have the best salaries in the industry. But then they are also supposed to do what other F/As never do: clean the cabin between flights, etc.
André
ex Sabena #26567

FR737800

Post by FR737800 »

Just to let you know that we never clean the a/c, i never clean the toilet or anything else, we will refuse to do it like all the cabin crew i guess...

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

I've read the same thing somewhere (don't remember where though)
FR flight attendants & pilots make less €€€ per hour, but because they do more hours and more tasks, and get a % of the inflight sales I believe, their total comes out higher.

Correct me if I'm wrong...