SAS airline experience LHR -> OSL

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Captain

SAS airline experience LHR -> OSL

Post by Captain »

I recently flew from London's Heathrow to Oslo's Gardermoen airport.

Got to LHR Terminal 3 and noticed two of the check-in agents were undergoing training. I was 'unlucky' enough to be served by one of them but was not too bothered by time it took at check-in.

Got to the gate as they were announcing "last call". To my surprise the machine that takes your boarding card and cuts you the 'receipt' part with your seat number, was rejecting the ticket. The lady at the gate told me I was not registered on the flight. I Told her that their new collegues were being trained and did not appear to be familiar with the procedures and possibly made a mistake. They eventually found me on the system but told me that my bag had not been loaded onto the plane. I was very frustrated and dissapointed that SAS did not make any excuses or offered me to upgrade to first class.
They eventually promised that my bag would be loaded onto the plane as there was a bit of delay due to air traffic.

Sat on row 15 onboard a B737-800 (http://www.airliners.net/open.file/587299/M/) and flight attendants made it up for the fact that I had a bad experience with SAS. Got several drinks, offered extra food (chocolate bar, piece of bread, orange juice and cheese sandwich) and had a pleasant chat with crew. Flight itself was really nice and had a very good last 30 min flying into Norway past beautiful lakes and islands. Pilot was very good and informative and had a nice smooth landing into Oslo Gardemoen which is a beautiful open plan airport (http://www.airliners.net/open.file/047986/M/)

Overall not too bad of an experience with SAS. return flight was much better and had same great level of serice on B737-800 (sat 2 rows back and had similar food).

Captain.

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Thanks for the report!

Sorry, but you can't expect that everybody whose luggage is not on board will be upgraded to first class... Mistakes like this happen on every airline.

With SK having several daily flights between LHR and OSL, they certainly would have put your luggage on the next flight (and even deliver it to your hotel/home).

Frederic

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Excellent report, Captain.

No pictures of the meal? SAS still seems to be in the full service carriers league.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Captain

Post by Captain »

sn26567 wrote:No pictures of the meal? SAS still seems to be in the full service carriers league.
I did not unfortunately have a camera with me so couldn't take a picture of the meal.

In the process of buying a camera soon, so will be able to contribute further for any flight experiences.

Captain

Avro

Post by Avro »

Thanks for sharing your experience with us Captain. :)

Chris