Liverpool-Amsterdam with Easyjet

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
speedbird1

Liverpool-Amsterdam with Easyjet

Post by speedbird1 »

In relation to my SN Brussels "Ripoff" Airlines post, I thought I'd post an airline experience of my flight mentioned with Easyjet.
I'm afraid to say for all you SN fans it was fantastic. No hassels at all, the crew were excellent, lovely new 737-700NG made for comfortable flying. Takeoff was uneventful still get the Adrenalin rush when the engines are powered up (sad I know but hey!) Brilliant flying conditions on route saw all over Manchester on route football grounds etc. The senior first officer landed the plane on the sort of new polderban runway, very gracefully and we left the runway on the high speedway but not quickly, since we had landed on the Polderban runway this was good because we had a long taxi to the gate so many aircraft to be seen.
It's such a shame that SN don't have the 737 it is such a better aircraft than the Avro, I think that they would make them so much more sucsessful if they had such a versatile aircraft.
Anyway happy flying everyone!

Emirates
Last edited by speedbird1 on 15 Jun 2004, 15:31, edited 1 time in total.

Comet

Post by Comet »

Generally, the feedback I've heard about EZY has been good, compared to some other carriers.

But there are some SNBA Avro fans on here who will never prefer to fly in the 737, I flew in both with Sabena and I prefer the Avro, but I'm not a 737 fan anyway. The Avro has better viewing and therefore better photo and video opportunities with its high wing than the 737 (and also A319) does. Get a mid seat on an ARJ and you have that brilliant back-engine view, get a mid seat on an A319 or 737 and you see the wing and the engine, and little else :(
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Emirates,

Thanks for first report we read about easyJet. Glad you had a nice flight.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

Well I think that the avro has a little bit more charm than a Boeing. And if SNBA would aquire some bigger aircrafts I would prefer Airbus.

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Thanks for the report EK!

How was the loadfactor?
Where sandwiches available for sale? And how was the legroom?

@André: A318-Erwin has posted a positive EZY report over here some time ago...

Regards
Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

nwa757

Post by nwa757 »

Nice trip report!

I have never been on a 737 before, but I have been on the A319, A320, RJ-85, MD-80, and DC-9 among others. If I had the choice I would fly in a DC-9 or MD-80 due to it's quiet cabin, beautiful interior (all NW DC-9s have new 717 interiors installed in them) and its 2 by 3 seating.
Onward and Upward...

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

An american that never flew in a 737 that must be unique. Even me how flies very rarely flew in a 737 But that's way :offtopic:

It was a great report, a bit like the usual EZY reports there realy seems to be not much bad things about them. Most people prefer EZY over RYR (or that's what I heard)

A318

Post by A318 »

Sabena_690 wrote:@André: A318-Erwin has posted a positive EZY report over here some time ago...

Regards
Frederic
That's correct and if people are still interested in my EasyJet experience they can read it here: https://www.aviation24.be/modules.php?name ... pic&t=3253

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Sorry I forgot about you, Erwin! :oops:
André
ex Sabena #26567

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

Thanks for the report.

IMHO comparing budget carrier EasyJet with SNBA is pointless: both prices and services are different. As a result EZY pax and SNBA pax don't expect the same things.

I flew both Boeing 737s (-200/-300/-400/-800) and Avro 85 (LBA-BRU in 1997). The Sabena Avro was much more comfortable than my previous and present 737 experiences. Yet the 737s belonged to Sobelair, Luxair and Ryanair and did not offer the same generous seat-pitch.

Regards

BeN :idea:

concordino

Post by concordino »

I would say that all passengers on short haul flights want much the same - on-time dep & arr, safe aircraft, good timings and reasonable prices. Aircraft types and seating configurations are almost irrelevant.

Could most passengers tell you whether the "plane" was a Boeing or an Airbus? Many can't even tell you how many engines it had.

Personally I find the Airbus single aisle range the most comfortable to fly in, not in the seating dept as all airlines have different, but in flying comfort, landing smoothness - not very scientific but just my gut feeling.

Concordino

Avro

Post by Avro »

Thanks for the nice report Emirates.

It really seems that EZY is a good airline. If I have the opportunity I will certainly fly with EZY.

As for the plane types. The ARJ's are comfortable and very cute looking planes :mrgreen: SN said a couple of weeks ago in an interview that the ARJ has a very high appeal at normal pax. So I don't see why they have to change ;)

As for the B737NG, well I would really like to fly one, cause I always flew on the classic versions until now :? (-200, -300 -400)

Greetz
Chris
8)

nwa757

Post by nwa757 »

sab319 wrote:An american that never flew in a 737 that must be unique. Even me how flies very rarely flew in a 737 But that's way :offtopic:
The reason I've never been on a 737, is because my family flys Northwest almost exclusively. As we all know, Northwest does not have 737s :cry: The 'busses and DC-9s are good though.
Onward and Upward...

Jumbolino

Post by Jumbolino »

too bad that I missed EZY when I was living in Switzerland (GVA-NCE ;-) for example an nice idea ...)
but as my nick name indicates I REAL PREFER an AVRO :-) instead an Airbus or a Boing
but I've to admit last year beginning of March ThomasCook meanwhile again Condor inner germany DUS-MUC with an widebody (Boing) was impressive :-)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Jumbolino wrote:I REAL PREFER an AVRO :-)
Don't shout, Jumbolino, we hear you loud and clear!

You are the ideal customer for SN Brussels Avrolines :)
André
ex Sabena #26567